Mako Reactor 1 Pt. 2

Y/N and Barret rejoin with Jessie after running past through all of the lasers.

Jessie: Look. They don't call those things sweepers for nothing. They can wipe out a whole squad in seconds.

Y/N: Not if you wipe the floor with them first.

Y/N runs towards the sweeper as it glides right at him. Y/N jumps over it as Barret shoots it with his turret and Jessie helps. Y/N uses fire magic on the sweeper and he sees an opening from the sweeper, Y/N and Barret attack the sweeper together as it starts to get weaker. Y/N stabs the sweeper with his sword and he pushes his sword deeper with his palm and the sword goes through the sweeper destroying it immediately. Y/N grabs his sword and he sheathes it.

Barret: What are you, twenty-something?

Y/N: First.

Barret: Huh?

Y/N: SOLDIER: First Class. Doesn't go into the twenties.

Barret: The hell you talking about? I mean your age, not your goddamn rank!

Y/N: I, uh...

Barret: Though, for all I know, a SOLDIER's rank could be the same as his age... Mm-hmm. Guess that'd make you a one-year-old, huh? Live and learn!

Y/N's (thoughts): He's so annoying.

They run down the stairs as the door opens. They look down the railing to see the reactor.

Jessie: That's our target. The reactor core. Gotta set the bomb at the bottom. Let's get down there.

They go down the ladder and they follow Jessie.

Jessie: Heads up, boys the end's in sight. I leave the rest in your capable hands. Good luck!

Y/N and Barret go down the ladder as there were three monodrives waiting for them. Y/N dashes past all three of them quickly destroying them with his sword and they all fall to the ground as Barret destroys the sentry ray. Y/N and Barret run down the stairs and they go down the ladder as they finally got to the lower level, they both walk up to the reactor core as Barret walks past Y/N.

Barret: All right. Let's see if little Stamp really can bite the hand that feeds...

He takes out the bomb.

Barret: Go on. Do the honors. Prove to me you're the man Tifa and Cloudia says you are. That you're one of us.

Y/N: Never said I was. I'm just here for the paycheck.

Barret: Then do the damn job!

Y/N grabs the bomb and he walks up to the reactor core. He places the bomb down and his head starts to hurt as he quickly grabs onto it. Y/N looks to his right to suddenly see a black feather land on the ground and it fades away. Y/N looks at the ground confusedly.

Barret: What's wrong?

Y/N: It's nothing. What about the timer?

Barret: Your call, merc.

Y/N sets the bomb to twenty minutes.

Barret: Pretty cocky, ain'tcha?

Y/N was about to activate the bomb until he heard a sudden noise. He turns around and looks around the room. Barret points his turret at him.

Barret: You double-crossing!?

Y/N: Heads up!

Barret: What in the hell!?

A scorpion sentinel appears in front of them.

Barret: Hey! How the hell do we fight this thing?