Mako Reactor 5 Pt. 4

After Y/N climbs back down the ladder to regroup with the others.

Cloudia: And that makes three. Enough to finally get our cargo platform moving.

Y/N: Better be.

Barret: Okay! Let's head on back to the H-01 sign.

Tifa: I hope that Jessie's injury isn't anything serious.

Barret: The best thing you can do to speed her recovery is to kick Shinra ass in her stead.

Tifa: I know. I know. And Y/N's gotta cover for Wedge too.

Y/N: When do we link up with Biggs?

Barret: Soon enough, don't you worry.

Cloudia: He knew we might be late, so he came up with a few ways to kill time.

Barret: We oughta reach him long before he dies of boredom.

Tifa: And we're back at the cargo platform.

Barret: Get ready, Mako Reactor 5. We're coming.

Y/N presses the button and the gates open and they enter inside the cargo platform.

Barret: So long, underplate. I hate you too.

Y/N presses the button and the gate closes and the cargo platform moves.

Tifa: Wonder what the reactor's like.

Barret: Dark. Dismal. A slaughterhouse where they butcher the planet. Then there's the smell. The mako. Be ready for it.

Tifa: Right...

Barret: Hear that, guys? It's the reactor calling us. Beckoning us, saying, "Bring it on, Avalanche."

The gate opens and they make their way to the ladder. They climb the ladder and once they reach the top they crawl through the vent.

Tifa: Even after all that fighting, no one's coming for us?

Y/N: No need. This is Shinra's city. They probably have cameras everywhere.

Cloudia: Why didn't you say something sooner?

Y/N: Way too late to bail now.

Barret: It's like walking a tightrope. When you're on it, only two ways off.

Tifa: Better keep my balance.

Y/N: You'd be good at it.

Tifa: I wonder.

Barret: Almost there.

Y/N: Tifa?

Tifa: It's nothing. Just thinking about the next step. Didn't think I'd be this nervous.

Barret: Some things you never get used to.

Tifa: Yeah.

They make their way to the room. As Y/N was walking he knew someone was hiding against the wall waiting to attack him so he pulls out his sword and stops it right at their neck.

Biggs: Mercy! Wait... Cloud?

Y/N sheathes his sword.

Biggs: Where's Jessie and Wedge?

Barret: Report.

Biggs: Topside's going nuts after terrorists jumped off a train. Nice and quiet here, though. So quiet I had no trouble securing your route into the reactor.

Barret: You magnificent son of a bitch, bring it in!

Biggs dodges his hug.

Biggs: So, where are the others?