Hojo's Research

Tifa, Aerith, Cloudia, and Jessie run up the stairs.

Tifa: Hey, you guys think Y/N's doing okay? He's been acting really weird lately, more than usual.

Aerith: True, but it's Y/N. I'm sure he'll be fine. But what about you guys. How are you guys holding up?

Cloudia: Oh, I'm fine.

Jessie: Yeah, me too.

Cloudia: Just worried about Y/N that's all.

Tifa, Aerith, Cloudia, and Jessie arrive to the door of the third ward.

Tifa: I guess this is the 3rd ward, right?

Aerith: Think so. But it looks like the door's locked.

Jessie: Let's see if can find something.

Cloudia: Hey, maybe this is something.

Cloudia pulls the switch and the test tubes pop out.

Aerith: Look, Y/N and the others can cross now too.

Tifa: Let's tell Y/N.

Jessie: Already on it.

Jessie holds down the red button on the terminal.

Jessie: Y/N. Can you get to the central terminal by crossing those test tubes?

Y/N (terminal): Yeah. We'll make our way to the central terminal. Sit tight until you hear from us.

Y/N lets go of the red button.

Barret: What the hell kind of "research" is this?

Red XIII: The cataclysm that came from the stars, Jenova. Hojo has devoted half of his life to her study.

Barret: I don't give a shit about any of that.

Red XIII: The experiments in this facility... involve the enhancement of life-forms and machines through the application... of Jenova biological data. Hojo's plan is to pit his subjects against us, thereby facilitating their growth.

Barret: Hmph! So this asshole thinks he can treat us like experiments.

Red XIII: I know what fate awaits these creations. Let us put them out of their misery.

Y/N: Right.

Y/N jumps across as Barret and Red XIII followed. Y/N flips the switch as a bridge was being connected to Y/N's side and the central terminal. The gate opens as Y/N, Barret, and Red XIII walk on the bridge and they make it across. Y/N flips the switch to open the third ward.

Announcement: Transfusion procedure complete. Commencing test of augmented research specimen.

Y/N walks over to the terminal and he holds down the red button.

Y/N: Jessie, you there? We accessed the central terminal. The door should be unlocked now. Any one of Hojo's twisted creations could be in that ward. Be careful.

Jessie (terminal): We will. See you soon, hun.

Jessie lets go of the button and she looks at the others.

Cloudia: All right, let's go.

Tifa, Aerith, Cloudia, and Jessie run through the ward. They head into a small room as there was a switch. Tifa flips it and a door opens. Cloudia sees three monsters as she quickly runs in and cuts all of them in half.

Cloudia: That was close.

Tifa: You okay?

Cloudia: I'm fine. These monsters ain't got nothing on me.