Helping The Market

Y/N walks out of the parlor. Y/N then goes to meet with Sam.

Sam: Howdy. Madam M said you'd be swinging by. Lemme see if I've got this straight. You ditched your lady friends and fellow champions to a have a boy's night out in Wall Market? Kidding! If I know the madam and I do, this was all her idea. I can see why. There's no denying you're skilled with a sword, but when it comes to damn near anything else, well... can't help but have my doubts. Ain't nothing wrong with that, but then there's nothing wrong with expanding your horizons neither. Seeking new experiences. Knowing the ways of this here world will help you to better protect her while you're in it. Reckon I've got a few solid gigs for you. Whaddya say? You game?

Y/N: *sighs* Yeah, why not.

Sam: *chuckles* That's the spirit. You have yourself a grand time tonight, mister merc.

Y/N goes back and walks through the market. He looks at the places that Sam gave him and he walks to the gym. Y/N walks inside as there were three people waiting for him.

Jules: Y/N! Been waitin' for you to show up. Thanks for coming, and welcome to our humble training hall. Jules, head trainer. If you've got some time to spare, how about a little bit of fun? Wanna try taking on one of our guys?

Ronnie: You're not serious, are you? Look at him! He's a scrawny little thing. I could snap him like a twig!

Jules: Now, now. I wouldn't judge this one by his muscle mass. What do you say, Y/N? If you wanna give it a go, just let me know.

Y/N: Let's go.

Ronnie: Ha! You're taking me on? You look like a dried-up old terpsicolt left out in the sun. You got no idea what you're getting into, little man.

Jules: All right, enough talk. We'll settle this the tried-and-true traditional way: a squat-off. Now, let's all see what you've got.

Y/N and Ronnie get inside the ring and they squat for one minute. Y/N was counting how many squats he was doing and he looks at Ronnie as he kept falling multiple times. Y/N continues to squat as he finished with 28 and Ronnie only finished with 12.

Ronnie: How? How the hell did I lose to this scrawny little kid who looks like he doesn't even consume his daily recommended amount of protein?

Jules: Ronnie, you know it's all about quality, not mass! You're too quick to judge people by their build. That, and your overtrained ego are the main reasons you lost to our bold challenger here!

Jules looks back at Y/N.

Jules: Thanks for helping me teach my boys a valuable lesson. And sorry for dragging you into it. Y/N, we're all one big family here at this gym, and now you're part of it. If you're ever up for training, our doors are always open to you. Let's work together to maintain healthy minds and bodies.

Y/N walks out of the gym and he walks to the shop next to the gym.

Clothing Store Owner's Son: Welcome! Anything in particular you're looking for? Oh, you must be the merc I've been hearing about! I need you to help me out with... my dad. His drunk ass has been at the bar for hours now. Could you bring him back here? He's probably three sheets in over at the Drunkards'. Just over there.

Y/N walks out of the store and sees Johnny.

Johnny: Wait up, Y/N! Sam caught me up with everything. He said you're gonna go rescue Tifa. And to do that, you're trying to learn all about Wall Market. Bro, I know this town like the back of my hand, so I can answer all of your questions! Now, let's go knock this one out! The bar's this way, Y/N.

Y/N follows Johnny even though the bar was just a few steps away.

Johnny: This is the Drunkard's Den. The best place in Wall Market to drink away your problems!