Making A Name

Cloudia notices Y/N waiting impatiently but Biggs finishes modifying his sword.

Biggs: All set? Needless to say, you'll have to try it out to appreciate the difference.

Y/N: Thanks.

Biggs: We'll do you one better, spread the word to everyone who'll listen about the new merc in town.

Tifa: Between him and Wedge, there isn't anyone they don't know.

Wedge: I'll march through the streets singing your praises, even on an empty stomach!

Y/N: So... where are these monsters?

Biggs: Scrap Boulevard. Good hunting.

Tifa: Hey, Y/N. I'll come with.

Cloudia: Me too.

Y/N: No, I've got this.

Cloudia: You don't know the way, right?

Y/N looks away.

Y/N: Lead on.

Tifa's (thoughts): Cute.

Cloudia: *giggles* Sure thing.

Y/N follows Tifa and Cloudia as they were leading the way.

Tifa: Scrap Boulevard is out west. Past the barricades supposed to keep the monsters out. Anyway we should prepare, just in case.

Y/N: I'm already prepared.

Cloudia: I thought you'd say that.

They continue on the trail as they arrive at a caged fence. Tifa opens the door and they walk through it.

Tifa: Here's Scrap Boulevard.

Y/N: I can see why monsters'd feel right at home.

Tifa: Hm. And the more we pile up, the more they show up.

Y/N: Lead the way.

They walk inside the cave as there was an exit on the other side. They stop and see three gorgers wandering around.

Tifa: There's our first challenger! Show us what you got, Y/N!

Y/N dashes in and instantly kills the gorgers with one swing. While Tifa and Cloudia were in awe.

Tifa: So, that's what a SOLDIER looks like in action.

Cloudia: Cool.

Y/N: This was just a warm-up.

Tifa: *giggles* I'll bet! Let's keep at it!

They continue on the trail as they stumble across a gorger and a wererat. Cloudia and Tifa rush in, Tifa jumps in the air and she kicks the gorger in the air and Cloudia stabs the gorger with her sword. Y/N nods in acknowledgement as he killed the wererat.

Tifa: You're good at this! Charging in like it was nothing...

Y/N: You and Cloudia too. It's a little surprising.

Tifa: Well, we've been here five years now. "If you don't look out for yourself, no one else will." By the way, that one's gonna be on the test.

Y/N: This a lesson?

Cloudia: Well, you gotta learn if you're going to stick around.

Tifa: Let's wrap this up.

Y/N rushes in and quickly kills the two wererats.

Tifa: Alright. I think that might be the last of them.

Y/N: They won't stay gone for long...

Tifa: Of course not. Even so, folks'll be grateful for the peace and quiet in the meantime. A win's a win, you know?