The Past

Y/N, Tifa, Aerith, Cloudia, Jessie, Barret, and Red XIII were walking to Kalm. They see the town not to far from where they were at.

Barret: Y/N.

Y/N: What?

Barret: Would mind telling us about you and Sephiroth?

Y/N: Why?

Jessie: It's just that... We noticed how angry you get with Sephiroth, so there must be some history between the two of you.

Y/N: *sighs* When we get to Kalm, I'll explain everything.

Aerith: Tifa, Cloudia, do you two have a history with Sephiroth? Because you two keep making some expressions.

Tifa: He killed my dad.

Cloudia: He burnt down our village.

Jessie: Oh...

Red XIII: We're here.

Y/N and the others arrived at Kalm.

Cloudia: Let's rent a room at the inn.

Jessie: Finally a nice bed.

Tifa: And a bath.

Y/N and the others walk inside the inn. Y/N rented two rooms. One for the girls and the other for himself and the guys. They all head upstairs as they go into the guys room to listen to Y/N's story.

Barret: So, let's hear your story. You know, the one about Sephiroth and the crisis facing the planet. Let's hear it all.

Y/N nods.

Y/N: I wanted to be like Sephiroth, so I joined SOLDIER. After working with Sephiroth on several missions, we became friends.

Barret: You call that a friend?

Y/N: Yeah, well... He's older than me, and he hardly talked about himself. So I guess you'd call him a war buddy... We trusted each other. Until one day...

Aerith: One day?

Y/N sits on the bed.

Y/N: After the war it was SOLDIER's duty to put down any resistance against Shinra. That was five years ago. I was sixteen...

{Past}

Y/N was in a truck with Sephiroth and two other officers.

Y/N: It sure is raining hard.

Sephiroth: Hey. Settle down.

Y/N: They gave me some new materia. I can't wait to use it.

Sephiroth: Just like a kid.

Y/N: You going to brief us about this mission?

Sephiroth: This isn't a typical mission.

Y/N: Good!

Sephiroth: Why do you say that?

Y/N: I joined SOLDIER so I could be like you. But by the time I made First Class, the war was already over. My big hopes becoming a hero like you ended with the war. That's why I always sign up whenever there's a big mission. Kind of a way to prove myself. Say, how do you feel, Mister Sephiroth?

Sephiroth: I thought you wanted a briefing?

Y/N chuckles as he scratches the back of his head.

Sephiroth: Our mission is to investigate an old Mako Reactor. There have been reports of it malfunctioning, and producing brutal creatures. First, we will dispose of those creatures. Then, we'll locate the problem and neutralize it.