Just In Time

Everything was white. Y/N couldn't see anything at all.

Y/N: Everything is white... What did I do? I don't remember anything... My memory... since when...? If everything's a dream, don't wake me.

Y/N suddenly appeared in a forest as he could see a bright light down the path.

Aerith: Y/N, can you hear me?

Y/N: Yeah, I hear you. Sorry for what happened.

Aerith: Don't worry about it.

Y/N: I can't help it...

Aerith: Oh... Then, why don't you really worry about it? And let me handle Sephiroth. And Y/N, you take care of yourself. So you don't have a breakdown, okay?

Y/N: What is this place?

Aerith: This forest leads to the City of the Ancients... and it's called the Sleeping Forest. It's only a matter of time before Sephiroth uses Meteor. That's why I'm going to protect it. Only a survivor of the Cetra, like me, can do it. The secret is just up here. At least it should be. I feel it. It feels like I'm being led by something. Then, I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over.

Y/N: Aerith?

Aerith ran towards the light. Y/N tried to chase after her but he couldn't move.

???: Hmm... She's thinking of interfering? She will be a difficult one, don't you think?

Suddenly Sephiroth landed in front of Y/N.

Sephiroth: We must stop the girl soon.

Suddenly everything went white.

{Reality}

Y/N wakes up and he slowly moved around as he saw Tifa, Cloudia, Jessie, and Barret.

Barret: You look like you was having a nightmare.

Tifa: How are you feeling?

Y/N: Not good...

Barret: Oh... Better keep it to yourself.

Jessie: Aerith, is gone.

Cloudia: Everyone's out looking for Aerith.

Y/N: City of the Ancients. Aerith is heading there.

Barret: By herself?! Why did she go by herself?! Hey, we're going too.

Y/N: Only the Ancients, only Aerith can save us from Meteor.

Tifa: Then we have to go. What'll we do if something happens to Aerith? If Sephiroth finds her, she's in trouble.

Y/N: Sephiroth... already knows.

Cloudia: Why are still sitting around?!

Jessie: Let's go.

Y/N: No. I might lose it again. If Sephiroth comes near me I might...

Cloudia: Because it was your fault in the first place that the Black Materia was taken from us by Sephiroth?!

Y/N: My fault?

Cloudia: I know you have problems. We all do. But you don't even understand yourself.

Tifa: Y/N, we came this far... Aren't you going to settle up with Sephiroth?

Y/N: No... I'm afraid. If this keeps up, I might go crazy! I'm afraid...

Barett: Just a damn jackass, that's what you are. Just thinking about it... How many people in this world do you think really understand themselves? People get depressed in life because they don't know what's up. But, they go on living. They don't run away... Isn't that how it is?