A Job For Jessie Pt. 3

Y/N, Biggs, and Wedge were walking down the street. Biggs looks at Y/N.

Biggs: Jessie's dad was in there, right?

Y/N: Yeah.

Biggs: Mako poisoning. Happened while Jessie was doing a show at the Gold Saucer. Ah, but what do you care?

Y/N: No, I wanna hear it.

Biggs: Jessie always wanted to be an actress. Worked her ass off for years until finally she caught a break. Top billing. Parents were thrilled. And then... right before opening night...

Wedge: Her dad had an accident.

Biggs: Collapsed from overwork... and in the worst possible place. Mako storage. Lay there half a day before someone found him. Been like that ever since. No change whatsoever. That's what got her into planetology, and led her to seek out Avalanche. How far we've come...

Wedge: Jessie's got a theory about it. Thinks her dad's spirit is stuck now, between his body and the heart of the planet. So if we don't shut down the reactors soon...

Biggs: He'll get caught up in the flow and... poof.

Y/N chuckles a bit.

Biggs: What's so funny?

Y/N: Just that I understand how you feel. Unlike most of the time.

Biggs: I see... Mako's the essence of life itself. Of memory and hope. It's not something you burn in a reactor just to keep the lights on. Hell no. Oh, don't tell Jessie about this little chat, okay? When she gets pissed, she gets punchy.

Y/N: Well... no promises.

Wedge: He's serious, Y/N! She'll beat the shit out of us!

Y/N: Not my problem.

Biggs: This guy!

Wedge: Hey! It's the lot Jessie was talking about. We rendezvous here when we've got what we came for.

Biggs: Gotta stay hidden, wait for the signal.

Wedge: It's so quiet...

They hide behind the wall but Y/N looks to not see anyone watching the gate.

Biggs: Just need to get past this gate.

Y/N: Wait. Where are the guards?

They quickly run to check the room. Biggs get down next to the wall as Wedge peeks over to see the guard but Y/N pulls him down. Biggs peeks over to see the guard on the floor.

Biggs: Looks like someone beat us here.

Wedge: And I don't think it was Jessie.

Biggs: This had better not get in the way of our plans...

Y/N: It won't.

Biggs: Don't see anyone. What the hell happened?

Wedge: Hey, man, the plaza's that way. Warehouses are further in. Jessie's supposed to be circling around from the back, right...?

Biggs: No need for us to rush. Let's scout it first.

Y/N: I can handle this solo.

Biggs: What, you're trying to keep us out of it now? Don't be a jackass.

Wedge: We're in this together!

Y/N: Don't expect me to save you.

Biggs: If you need to check your gear, now's the time. Give the word when you're good to go.