Jenova

Y/N wakes up to see himself in a room.

Tifa: Y/N.

Aerith: Oh, thank goodness. You're awake.

Cloudia: You scared us.

Jessie: Seriously, I thought you died.

Y/N slowly sits up.

Tifa: You okay?

Y/N: Yeah. Where are we?

Aerith: Where I lived. When I was still a child.

Y/N gets up and he grabs his sword.

Cloudia: Are you really, okay? Maybe you should rest a little longer.

Y/N: I'm fine.

Jessie: We just don't want you to push yourself.

Y/N: I know.

Y/N looks at Aerith.

Y/N: Aerith, before we break outta here. Talk to us. There's so much we don't know.

Aerith: I'm... a descendant of the Ancients. That's pretty much it, really. Oh, but just so you know, that's not their actual name. They called themselves... the Cetra.

Barret: "We who are born of the planet, with her we speak. Her flesh we shape. Unto her promised land shall we one day return. By her loving grace and providence may we take our place in paradise."

Aerith: You know it!

Barret: Yeah, well... Honestly I thought that part was just a fairy tale.

Aerith: Shinra thinks it's true. They've been searching for the promised land for a long time.

Tifa: And they must think you can lead them to it... Can you?

Aerith: Nope. Someday, maybe, I'll find it in me. But now? Not even if I wanted to.

Barret: Even if you could that land belongs to the... I mean... To you and your people. Shinra's after it because they believe it's rich in mako. Mako they've got no right to claim. But they'll try to take it anyway, won't they? Greedy bastards'll never stop. Okay. New plan. Y'all take Aerith and get the hell outta here. Me, I'mma go bust some Shinra heads.

Jessie: Okay, that's a stupid plan.

Suddenly the ghost figures were flying around the room.

Barret: Great, these bastards again. Probably some Shinra science experiment.

Red XIII: Whispers. Perhaps best described as arbiters of fate. They are drawn to those who attempt to alter destiny's course and ensure they do not.

Cloudia: Like capital D... "Destiny"?

Red XIII: The flow of the great river that is the planet, from inception to oblivion.

Tifa: And you're saying that that flow is somehow... fixed?

Red XIII: Yes. For it is the will of the planet itself.

Barret: So if we're destined for a bleak future, these Whispers will try to keep us on that course? Now wait just a damn minute. How in the hell can you possibly know any of that? Spouting that cryptic stuff, which could all be bullshit. I mean, ain't you a Shinra lab rat... dog?

Red XIII: I'm not a rat dog. When Aerith reached out to me... I found this knowledge of the Whispers.

Aerith: Listen to me!

The whispers circle around Aerith.

Aerith: Please...

Y/N: Aerith.