Saving the Planet

Y/N and the others were in the cockpit. Y/N turns around and looks at the others.

Y/N: Hey, everyone. Listen to me for a second.

They all looked at Y/N.

Y/N: What is it that you're all fighting for? For me this is a personal feud. I want to beat Sephiroth, and settle my past. Saving the planet just happens to be part of that. I've been thinking. I think we all are fighting for ourselves. For ourselves... and that someone... something... whatever it is, that's important to us. That's what we're fighting for. That's why keep up this battle for the planet.

Barret: You're right... It sounds cool saying it's to save the planet. But I was the one who blew up the Mako Reactor. Looking back on it now, I can see that wasn't the right way to do things. I made a lot of friends and innocent bystanders suffer... At first, it was revenge against Shinra. For attacking my town. But now... Yeah. I'm fighting for Marlene. For Marlene and her future. Yeah... I guess I want to save the planet for Marlene's sake.

Y/N: Go and see her. Make sure you're right, and come back. All of you. Get off the ship and find out your reasons for yourselves. I want you all to make sure about what you're fighting for. Then I want you to come back. I want all of you to find that something within yourselves. If you don't find it, then that's okay too. You can't fight without a reason, right? So, I won't hold it against you if you don't come back.

{30 Minutes Later}

Jessie, Yuffie, Serena, Barret, Red XIII, Vincent, and Cid all left the Highwind including Cid's crew. Cait Sith was still in the Highwind but he was only deactivated. The only ones left with Y/N were Tifa, Cloudia, and Aerith.

Y/N: What are you three going to do?

Tifa: Did you forget? Cloudia and I are alone. We have nowhere to go.

Cloudia: We're just the same as you.

Y/N: Aerith?

Aerith: I already have a reason to fight. You, my mom, and everybody else here.

Y/N: I see.

Y/N decides to land the Highwind on the ground next to the ocean so that they wouldn't get found by anybody who would try to get into the ship.

Y/N, Tifa, Cloudia, and Aerith were all sitting together in the cockpit looking at the digital map. But it was just too quiet.

Cloudia: Everyone's gone...

Y/N: Yeah...

Tifa: But... I'm sure someday... they'll come back, don't you think?

Y/N: I wonder... Everyone has an irreplaceable something they're holding on to... But this time, our opponent...

Aerith: Even if no one comes back... As long as I'm with you and the others. I won't give up even if I'm scared.

Tifa: No matter how close we are. We were far apart before this. But when we were all in the Lifestream surrounded by all those screams of anguish, I thought I heard your voice.

Cloudia: (smiles) You were calling for us.

Y/N: Yeah... At that time I heard you all calling for me. Calling me back from the stream of conciousness in the Lifestream. After all, I promised. That if anything were to happen to any of you. I would come to help.

Aerith: Do you think the stars can hear us? Do you think they see how we're fighting for them?

Y/N: I don't know... But... Whether they can hear us or not, we still have to do what we can. And believe in ourselves. Someday we'll find the answer. That's what I learned from all of you when I was in the Lifestream.