Henry

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned as I was awoken.
I reached my hand and turned the alarm off.
But when I sat up in my bed, my entire back was filled with pain. It was like cramping, ferocious cramping.
I threw my blanket off of me, and I moved to the side of my bed and I tried to stand up.
Keyword. TRIED.
When my feet touched the carpet, my tail went numb and pain shot up my entire back.
I yelped and sat back down on the side of my bed. I took a few deep breaths.
"One...Two...Three!" I whispered to myself, pulling myself to my feet.

Three!" I whispered to myself, pulling myself to my feet

I winced and sat back down. Okay, I don't think I can shower today. Or get out of bed. I reach over to the lamp on my nightstand and turn it on, lighting up the room a small bit.

I laid back down in bed and put my blanket back onto me. I guess I should wait until my back gets better before I get back up.

I waited for a while, and as I did, I let my mind wander.
My bed is comfortable; it must be an excellent brand.

I felt myself sink into my bed a small bit....and again....wait, am I being sucked in?
I felt myself fall back into water.

I tried to swim up, but due to my back, it hurt every time I tried.
I ignored the pain and continued to swim up. Holding my breath...it kept getting harder and harder to move. Through the pain and the water becoming.....thicker...or denser.

"Henry?" I heard a female voice say from below me

"Henry?" I heard a female voice say from below me. "Just give up....you'll feel better if you do."
I felt like listening...but I didn't, I kept swimming up to the surface until-

"Henry!" I heard my dad shout. I shot up, and my back cramped up again. I groaned and laid back down.
"Henry, are you okay?" Dad asked. "Does something hurt?"
"Yeah, my lower back," I groaned out, trying to get back into my comfortable position, but I couldn't find it.
"Let me see," dad told me.
I laid on my stomach; maybe something is wrong with my spine? .....do I have to go to the doctor? I don't want to waste their time. Especially with me.

Dad pressed my back, starting with the top, and went down, and then...he found the bad spot.
"Ow!" I yelped.

I felt my dad's hand move away.
"Okay," He said, "You're not going to school today."
I sighed. I'm never sick....or in this kind of pain.
"Fine, but I'm gonna hate not having to move," I said.
"I'll get you some pain meds, might help not make it unbearable."

"Just get me some Advil," I told him

He left the room as I got comfortable.