Justin

I left the hospital after a small while. It was hard for me to get comfortable. I needed fresh air anyway.

I stepped out of the emergency room doors, ignoring the stares I was receiving from the human staff.

The crisp autumn air hit me like a twister. It made my ears perk up, and my tail started to wag.
I love this area. Warm summers, cold, snowy winters. This place rarely has perfect autumn weather like this. And honestly, I welcome it.

As I was driving down the concrete road, I finally noticed I was still in my pajamas.....okay, maybe being a hybrid wasn't the only reason they were staring at me.
I arrived at the house and parked at around.....I don't know. I don't have my watch. But it must have been after the kids left because the door was locked. I forgot to lock it on the way there......ugh, I'm so going to regret this.
I walked around to the backyard, unlocking the gate, and after tripping on one of Jacksons' toys he left out here, I tried the door leading to the kitchen... It locked tight as well.
"Damn it," I swore. "Ugh, I'm never going to hear the end of this" the door has a window attached to it. It's an older door, and the window hasn't been cleaned in a bit.
I picked up a small rock from the growing grass.
I took a step back and rewound my arm and.

The glass of the window shattered almost instantly. I broke away any excess glass with another stone and unlocked the door from the inside.
He entered, stepping on broken glass; it's good I put some shoes on before I left.

I immediately closed and locked the door; it's not like it will do much.
I grabbed a broom from the hall closet and cleaned the pieces of glass up. And threw them away.

Now how to cover this window.....hmm
I opened a drawer near the sink. It contained some small bits of junk, broken utensils we don't use, and some notebooks and pens that are either out of ink or are broken.

There's also some duct tape. I grabbed it and removed a couple of strips, and placed them over the broken section of the window.
I sighed in relief and went to change my clothes....and maybe take a nap.

I face-planted onto the bed, and everything went dark.

I awoke to the phone ringing in the living room....as I got up, I groaned.
"Who the hell is calling at.....oh wow, I slept for a while," I said, looking at the clock on my bedside table.
I stood up and left the room.
I answered it.
"Hello?" I groaned.
"Hello, Mr.Pearl, I'm Coach Bruce. I work for the school...your son had an....accident and hurt himself. I think you should pick him up."

Oh, Sayan, what the hell happened?!
I quickly hung up and ran to get changed.

I got dressed and immediately drove to the school...I arrived at the front gate. Jason and an Eagle girl, I think her name is Sabrina.

They were sitting there waiting for me; my son was still in his uniform, his arm was covered in bandages, but it looked...messed up he had mud on his face.

"Jason? What the hell happened?" I asked him

He looked up at me, mud on his face.
"I'm fine. I just...fell," He muttered.
"And you probably broke your arm," Sabrina said.
"No, it looks more like a sprain, but we should get you checked out."
I helped him to his feet; he seemed to have some trouble standing as I helped him into the car. Sabrina joined us.

I drove to the clinic; Jason just stared out the window at nothing in particular.
"So what happened?" I asked Sabrina. I was breaking the silence.
"We were doing a mini pyramid, and he lost his footing, and we all fell."
Wow, he got crushed by a few girls....lucky kid.
"Hasn't he done this like...hundreds of times?" I wondered, "what changed?"
I knew my son was a cheerleader. He made me sign a slip to let him participate. Whatever makes my kids happy, I suppose.
"I think he saw his friends, and it spooked him," She replied. Ugh, those boys...honestly, I don't know what to kind of them.
I parked, and I helped Jason inside...it was weird. I was touching his hurt arm, but he wasn't even reacting.

We walked him inside and sat him down; I told the clerk about what happened, and she handed me some forms to sign and fill out.
I sighed and walked over to Jason and sat next to him.
He appeared to be dizzy as he was moving his head back and forth.
"Jason? Buddy, are you-" I wasn't able to finish it when Jason vomited up......a chunky brown substance.
"Holy shit," The clerk announced and ran over to him, careful not to slip on the vomit.
She was a young bear hybrid with black hair. The stress of the job caused her to grey a little bit.
"I need a doctor over here," she yelled to the back. "He lost conciseness," she called out.

She asked me what had happened. I told her what information I had.

She and I helped Jason onto an old gurney and wheeled him into the back.