Joey

The human nurse gave me some pills to help my headache. I must have fallen asleep and was moved because I don't remember sharing a room with Jason..well, I do, but not a hospital room; he and I were in the same hospital gown, but he had a lot more wires in him.

"Hey, big bro," He greeted me. "How'd you sleep?"

"Uhh..good?" I'm severely confused. When did he get here?

"That's good, so what happened to you?" He asked. "I would tell you why I'm here, but uh...it's embarrassing." He looked away for a second. It must be something terrible if he doesn't want to talk about it.
"I uh...i was on a walk, and I got caught in a mudslide and hit my head on a tree," I confessed. "And don't ask why I went into the woods."

Jason just laughed at this..and then stopped and held his stomach.
"Ow," He hissed, "I shouldn't have done that"

What happened to get him in here?
I then began to pick up on a conversation in the hallway between a man and a woman.

"Crystal, you should check on them; I have some calls to make," The man said quietly.
"To who?" She asked, a slight accent I couldn't recognize coming through.
"A psychologist. Both of these boys have something wrong with their heads."
"Are you sure about that? It could be physical" I'm guessing this was crystal speaking. "We don't know if it's an issue with their minds."

"Well, you can try to find out I'm still calling him," the doctor said sternly.

A woman walked into the room. She went to Jason first and was facing away from me.
He seemed shocked just by seeing her.

"Huh?" I was missing a lot of contexts

She turned around, and I saw she had tiger stripes on her face...maybe.Without my glasses, I'm a bat.
"Okay, I've seen a lot of strange things, but that is far from it," I said.
"What do you mean?" Crystal asked, "What have you seen?"
"Oh, I...I can't talk about it.." not with Jason here..never with my family.
She walked over to me and looked like she was scanning me along with the chart they placed at the end of my bed
"Head injury, possible trauma," She muttered to herself. "Have you had any headaches?"

"No. However, the back of my head hurts. I think the painkillers are wearing off," I lied. My head was throbbing..but I couldn't be shown as weak. "But can you at least get me the glasses? I can barely see anything."

"I will later."

I sighed and tried to get comfortable but then hissed as my tail got caught by one of the wires.
"How about delusions," She said softly. "Seeing anything that isn't there?"

I didn't say anything and just looked down at my feet. Everything right now is ridiculous. I can't see correctly, and I'm hungry, my tail is killing me, and-
"Mr.Pearl?" She spoke, breaking me from my thoughts, "Where are your parents? I need their permission to get you a brain scan."

"Brain scan?" I replied, "Why do I need that? I told you my head is fine."
how dare she think something is wrong with me...i mean, she's not wrong, but she shouldn't believe that!

"You did say that," She added, "But a head injury at your age can stunt development or cause a stroke if your brain is bleeding."
Oh..I..didnt know that.
Jason chimed in.
"Our Dad was with me, but he went to get me some food.." he explained, putting a hand on his stomach.
He made a face that showed he was uncomfortable.
"Does your stomach hurt?"

"A little, but I'll be okay," Jason muttered. "Although it might hurt some more when I get it in.."
Crystal looked concerned and went over to him and poked his stomach. It was alright until she got to the center.
He winced in pain and tensed up.
She jumped and bit and removed her hand.
"I'm gonna go and get you two some pain pills and order that CT," She announces and leaves the room and leaving me slightly confused and Jason holding his stomach gently.