Justin

I can't believe this. Joey, he's......he's dying. Well not dying. But i'm going to scold him so hard my grandkids will feel it!
What in the seven layers of hell was he doing in the woods late at night?

The doctor then started to ask me several questions. Did he have any allergies? No, prior medical treatments or surgeries? No. Then he asked me one question.

"Is he on any medication?"

"No, Joeys in good health. Or he was until this happened," I mumbled the last bit. I didn't want to look weak in front of a human. Let alone a doctor.

"Did he stop taking any?" he questioned, "when he was coming in and out of consciousness, he kept rambling about a tower and a potion."

What? A tower and a potion. Okay, maybe it was the head trauma which caused it.
"No," the questions are starting to get.....strange.

"Did your son take any narcotics?" He started "like Marijuana."

I think it was about then when I lost my cool.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I almost screamed in his face "My sons a good kid. He would never do something so stupid! Who do you think you are?"
He didn't react to my anger, and he just looked at me with sympathy on his face.
"Mr.Pearl, you should watch your mouth, but I realize this is a tough time for you; I was just asking in case, okay?"

I groaned and stormed off to a hybrid-only waiting room I passed by; it was empty of all life. It had an out-of-order cigarette machine and several cushioned seats.

I sat down in a chair next to the cigarette machine and put my head in my hands. What the fuck did I do? I shouted at a doctor, the person literally in charge of keeping my son alive.
But then again, he did assume Joey was a hippie.

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling; the fluorescent lights flicker.
How are we going to afford this? Healthcare is known for being incredibly expensive; this will put us in so much debt.....I guess I could get money from the store to keep us in slightly less debt.
This entire situation is freaking me out.
I stood up and scanned the room. As I did, I noticed four-quarter payphones.....I should call the kids when they wake up....wait, what time is it?
I noticed a clock above the phones