Joey

This deer boy claimed my mind is broken. Bah! I'm not broken.

"Who are you really? Like an Angel or something?" I asked while getting on my knees the pain of being on my feet was a bit much.

"I'm not anyone; again, i'm a voice in your damaged mind Joesph." He scoffed, getting annoyed.

"You probably saw this appearance in a comic book or something

"You probably saw this appearance in a comic book or something."
"Oh, I guess that makes sense....but what's going on anyway?" I questioned. "I only remember going into the woods with Jennifer and...nothing"

"Your head injury probably caused some memory loss." the deer boy explained. "Maybe you should ask whoever found you and drove you to the Emergency Room."

"Who was it?"
"Joey, I only know what you know."
His eyebrows lowered and he looked away from me....hes annoyed with me now.

The two of us sit in silence for a couple of minutes.

"So why is my head a hybrid church?"

"Well, you keep your mind constantly on your religion, so I guess your mind made it to control itself and keep busy while you recover." Deer boy muttered.
"But, where did I....I've only been here once, right before it closed."
The hybrid temple went under after I turned five; it fell apart without maintenance and was torn down due to a couple of fires its faulty wiring started.

I do remember what happened the first time I came to the temple.

The tiled floor was much cleaner back then; the ceilings had paintings on them of important events in our history, and if you looked closely. The stained glass had little passages and quotes from the book.
I held Mom's hand throughout the service; the number of Hybrids and people I didn't know was very anxiety-inducing; it was the only place where I truly felt safe from the voices.
But now it's just an empty lot with dead grass and weeds all over it.

I then reached to remove my bandages again like I was doing before I was interrupted
"I wouldn't do that," He says
"Why?" I ask, "If I'm in my subconscious, why shouldn't I remove this"

"Well, for one, your body will try to remove it in real life." "and that mind open up your wounds."

"Oh," I muttered. "So I guess i'm stuck here until I wake up?"