Justin

"Mr. and Mrs. Pearl?"  A woman's voice broke Jessica and me out of our conversation.
I turned around to find an...unusual sight.

A hybrid woman with tiger-like features, a tail with stripes, black stripes on her face, and wings on her back approached us.
"Uh, yeah, that's us." I said I tries to look her in the eye, but my gaze kept going to her wings they're so small, and...why are her hair and ears grey?

She must have noticed and began to snap her fingers.
"My eyes are up here," She snapped. "I came to talk about Joey and Jason."
My attention immediately shifted and I stood up knocking over my coke bottle but I don't care.
"What happened are they okay?" Jessica announced, worried for our children.

"I'm the head nurse here, and I think Joey may have a brain injury. I'm not sure though" She paused. "I need your permission."

"Does..does he need it?" I said. Not sure if I was shaking from the chill in the air or from fear for my son.
"Hopefully not, but I need to make sure."

I nodded; she seemed to take this as permission and walked back inside. We followed behind quietly.

She entered a small station near the waiting room with the doctor. There was glass around it which made it a bit hard to hear them. Jessie and I sat down.

They talked about Jason or us...or Joey, but I did hear Pearl among the muffled noises. He seemed to have been mad at her for something based on his facial expressions.
But one phrase I made out well came from the doctors.
"What did you even give him?" he groaned out. Rubbing the bridge of his nose.
"A sweet tart," She responded, coming out of the station.

This seemed to make the doctor lose his cool. He pushed her against the wall as best he could which wasn't much because he was rabbit.

 He pushed her against the wall as best he could which wasn't much because he was rabbit

"What?" I accused. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, I had a theory about Jason," She said. "He told me he has stomach pain everytime he eats, so I thought it was a stomach ulcer."
"It could be," The doctor interjected.
"It can't be. I tested it; he has a case of Anorexia i've seen it before" she got out of the rabbits grip. "Besides I told him the pill would stop the pain in his stomach when he ate. I gave him food, and he ate like a dog...no offense"

"None taken"

"And if it was a stomach ulcer, he would have still felt the pain in his gut"
Hmm, I guess that does make sense given what we know.
"Now we need to talk about treatment methods"