Henry

After my shift, I took my uniform off and changed into some clothes I brought along to change into. A blue and white sweater, jeans and boots. I also brought along some jewelry I got for my birthday.

I have to meet the human after work. He said he'd be waiting for me; it would be rude to ignore him. Especially after last time we talked.

I walked out of the diner and towards a bus stop nearby.
I saw him....and...........Oh Sayan, if I kill him, forgive me.

"I can see that, but why?" I ask, slightly annoyed "why are you doing this?"

"Well, what you said back at my place," his movements became more nervous, shifting from foot to foot, "it was true, humans are horrible, we're messy, we flattened a Japanese city-"
I interrupted him.
"Two actually"
"See?" he exclaims. "Were terrible.....and honestly, I don't want to be one anymore."

I groaned and rubbed the bridge of my nose.
"Where did you even get those?"

"I made them. I got a haircut recently, so I used some of the hair my mom cut off for the ears and the tail, although most of it is dog fur." he explained, "the ears are a headband, and I attached the tail to my belt."

"And the bells?"
I feel like this guy doesn't understand wolf culture.
"I thought they looked cute," he smiled.
He is righhhhhhhhh....NO!
"Come on, Henry, please, i'll take them off if someone recognizes me."
He gave me a pleading face. He held his hands up, and his lower lip quivered.
"Fine," I groaned.
He cheered and hugged me as I held my arms to my side........I wrapped my arms around him for a second, but I stopped.
We broke apart, and we walked into town.

We passed by numerous people. Mostly humans and some hybrids......nobody calls Charlie out.

nobody calls Charlie out

"Come on....no reason to be rude," he said. "Also, I've meant to ask, what's with the blue?"
The blue? What does he mean by that?

"What do you mean?"
"The blue that pops up everywhere in your culture," he said "i mean, your school uniforms are that shade of blue, i've seen some weddings where all the flowers are blue. I mean you're wearing it"
He pointed to my sweater.
I looked down at my sweater......it is the color of my uniform.

"Huh," I muttered, "strange, never noticed that"
I stopped walking.......wait.........why is he trying to get close to me.....wait....did my parents......oh mo.....No! SHIT!
"Bud, what's wrong?" Charles asked, walking closer to me.
"I'm fine," I lied. "It's just I thought of something."
"Thought of what?"

"Nothing"
I try to walk off back home, but he grabbed my hand.
"Let go of me."
I demanded, not looking at him.
"Why don't you like me?" he asked "i'm...nothing but nice"

I removed my hand and I stormed off