Henry

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It's the next morning. I must have fallen asleep at some time yesterday. Judging by the drool on my pillow
I sat up in my bed.......my pain is gone.
I stood up and turned my alarm clock off. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.
I stood up slowly to make sure the pain was actually gone. It was there, but it was very weak.
I walked to my closet and took out my uniform, and placed it on the bed.
I took my nightshirt off and threw it on the floor. I put my uniform on.
As I put my pants on, having a little trouble with my tail I tumbled backwards and onto my bed.
"Ow. My tail" I yelped and stood up.
I got my tail through, and I zipped my pants shut.
I put my belt into my pant loops and buckled it.
Then I jumped. The alarm went off again.
Ugh. I must have hit snooze and not off.

I turned the alarm off.

I looked down to where I hid the letter.......

Wait....where is it?
My letter to.....Him..where is it?!

I ran to my closet

I ran to my closet. I looked around it for a while. I pulled open drawers and tossed clothes out of them; I threw them off hangers.
They all landed on the floor.
I threw my covers off my bed and threw my pillows at the wall. I nearly took my mattress off my bed........before I heard a knocking at my door and my father's voice.
"Henry?" He sounded very concerned. "What's going on in there?"
I took a few deep breaths and scanned my room.
It was a big mess.
I went to my door and opened it a small bit to see my dad. But not enough for him to see the mess.
"Need something?" I ask, trying to change the subject.
"Henry, everyone in the house heard you freaking out," Dad said. His face slightly angry.
Oh, damn, our wolf ears and our good hearing.
"I'm fine," I lied. "Just....Lost something."
"Lost something? What did you lose?"

Oh no.
"I-it's nothing."
"Your voice says that, but your eyes tell a different story," Dad explained.
I closed the door in his face. I took a few deep breaths.
My brain told me to just commit Defenestration
I waited a few minutes, and I heard footsteps leaving my door.

I opened my door and left. I made my face look calm.
I went downstairs and was greeted by Jackson, Jason, and Justine.
"Big brother. What's wrong?" Jackson said, running up to me and hugged me.
He looked up at me with worry in his eyes.
"Nothing," I reassured him. "I'm fine; want me to make you a sandwich?"
It hurts to lie to Jackson. He's an overgrown toddler, and his eyes show hurt very easily.

But his eyes perked up.
"Jelly?" He asked. "And with the first cut off?"
I nodded.
He giggled and broke the hug, and went into the kitchen.

"Uh, bro," Jason said, "you might distract Jackson but not me."
I didn't say anything to him. I just smiled and walked into the kitchen

I made Jackson a jelly sandwich, and me him and Justine walked to school together.
"Are you okay?" Justine asked, "what did you lose?"
"Nothing important"

"Are you okay?" Justine asked, "what did you lose?""Nothing important"

I don't want anyone to worry about me