Henry

As I walked to school and took pretty small bites of my toast.
I avoided where I started seeing him. I walked past several houses, and I saw a couple of yard sales as well.
It is that time of year, where people sell their junk to buy more junk, then the cycle continues until they die.
I finished my toast.
As I was walking past one, I saw something I haven't seen for a long time. It was a small wood carving of a howling wolf; it was sanded and painted black and grey.
I stopped walking and went into the sale to look at it closer.
These miniature carvings might appear simple, but it's actually one in a line of animal carvings, ranging from Mice to lions; it's from a company up in Canada.......i'm blanking on the name, but I know they exist.
I pick the small figure up; it was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand.

It was smooth, and it was cool to the touch; I could smell some small bits of it; it smelled like cedarwood.
I smiled then I heard a familiar voice behind me.
"Hey Henry," Charles said. I turned around to see him.....

I didn't say anything.....but I just dropped the figure and ran towards the school.
I can't talk to him......i just can't.

I came to school a tiny bit late, so I didn't stop by my locker to drop my bag off, so I just went to class.
I apologized and sat at my desk and put my head on it.

A small nap won't hurt