Joey

The world is......blank, it's not black or white. It's a weird.....grey color, but it's not that; I have zero ideas of what was going on.
As I stood up, I realized two things. One, I can't see out one of my eyes, and two. I'm in a dress, a white one with a none existent pattern.
I reach my head to feel for what might be obstructing my vision. I felt bandages wrapped around my head; they were.....they didn't feel like anything.

I then took a step forward to try and determine where I am; I then find myself within.....a church, with stained glass pouring multi-colored sunlight around me.
The church seems familiar, but I can't determine where I have seen it.

As I try to remove the bandages to see properly, I hear a voice behind me.
"Joseph, you shouldn't do that," the voice said in a calm voice.
I turned around and found a male deer hybrid with pale skin, tidy light brown hair, and worried green eyes. He doesn't look too much older than me.
His clothing looked old; one sleeve of his brown and green jacket was rolled up, matching green pants and brown boots were clean, but they looked a little big on him given he needed two belts to keep his pants up.
I backed away; I don't know this guy. Why does he know my name? How?

 Why does he know my name? How?

That's not an answer.
"W-why?" I accused, "Who are you?!"

"Your heart is beating very fast you need to calm down. Take a deep breath and try to ground yourself." the unknown deer spoke softly.

I closed my eyes and did as he said. I felt better a bit.
When I opened them, he was a bit closer to me.

"Now, who are you?" I wondered.
"I'm one of the voices in your head, I'm quiet, but I'm there," the deer explained. "I've been trying to talk you down-"
I interrupted.
"What? But what about Say-"
He interrupted me.
"Sayan wasn't speaking to you; you were hallucinating" He lost his temper. "None of what you saw or heard was real!"
I wanted to say something, but my voice didn't let me.
"Joesph, I'm sorry, but you need to hear this; you have schizophrenia. What you experienced wasn't real. Your damaged mind made it up," he explained in a soft voice.

What?