Henrys Final Chapter

Dear Charles,
Before we met, I lived in a world of monochrome. Like a television, but when our eyes met, the world started to appear bright and colorful. It's like I'm living in a circus now; every time I think of you, I picture us together enjoying what little life we have left—watching tv and falling asleep in each other's arms, having sweet dreams of the other person. But, no matter what, i know the world will never accept these feelings I have. Honestly, I don't expect you to get them. For years, I hated humans, but you're different. You're special.

You're the boy, the human, that I love. Love, at first sight, may seem a bit strange, but I believe everything happens for a reason, and the world made us meet on that day, in our town, on that dingy little street corner.
But I know deep down you probably feel this way about me, but if not, disregard this letter.
With all the love in the world.
Henry Laurance Pearl

That was the letter I had to stop him from reading.
I ran down the street, the cold rain hitting my face, ears, and tail. I can't let him see it! If he sees it, my whole world will fall apart. He won't understand!
I only had on sneakers I grabbed from the hallway, pajama pants, and an old t-shirt.

I reached his house after an unknown amount of time. I got them home and started to bang on the wooden door.
"Open up! Now!" I yelled, trying to get the attention of anyone inside.
I tried the doorknob to see if it was unlocked, it wasn't. I saw a welcome mat on the ground; I picked it up and threw it across the porch. No key.
I noticed a few plants and bags of fertilizer........

I started breaking everything I could find..and I broke one of them before his father finally opened the door.....he was in a plaid robe and looked somewhat annoyed.
"What the hell are you doing? It's the middle of the night."
I didn't answer him and just pushed past him and ran upstairs.

I opened his bedroom door and saw him sitting at a desk with........my...letter.....in his hands.

At this moment, I realized I was crying. I thought the wetness on my face was from the storm, but no, I was crying.
"H-henry?" He muttered, breaking the silence between us. He had gotten up from his desk and was now closer to me.
"I-I can E-explain-" he interrupted me.
"Henry, listen, I read what you feel and......"
He trailed off.
...oh Sayan, please forgive me

I can already hear what he's going to say next, that I'm unnatural, I'm a freak, and society wouldn't miss me.

He handed me a small piece of notebook paper.
"I wrote what I feel, same as you."

I took a look at it. It was in slightly messy handwriting.

Dead Henry,
The string of fate is a strong one. But as soon as I saw your eyes shining like an emerald when you saw me for the first time, the softness of your hair when you subconsciously wanted me to touch you, scratch you behind the ears, and told you everything was going to be okay.
I also have to apologize for what I'm about to do to you.

Charlie Patrick Desherlia.

"D-do what?"
He stopped me again...
By.....by......he...

This was nice; his lips are soft and warm; I leaned into the kiss and just let him take control of the situation

He broke the kiss, and we both took a breath; the two of us sat on his bed.

"So, how do you feel?" he asked me with concern in his voice.

"I feel like shit right now," I responded. "I'm wet; I'm cold; my tail is slightly numb."
He chuckles a tiny bit.

I smiled for the first time in what felt like years.
"But the one thing I feel is.......normal...the rain clouds in my head are still there.....but I know they'll go away in time."
He puts his hand on my shoulder. When he did, I felt his firm grip.
"And I'll be with you every step of the way; whenever I can, you have my word for it."

"Thank you"
Then I sneezed, and now I'm sick.
He started to laugh slightly.
"You sneeze like a puppy."
"S-shut up!"