Jessica

It was sometime at night when the phone rang in the living room. It woke me up, and I think it also awoke Justin, but he didn't show it.

"Justin, go get it," I groaned. I'm not getting up after that nightmare earlier today. It was hard for me to get to sleep.

"No, I got the last one," he complained, turning to face me, his eyes closed.
I sighed and maneuvered myself out of bed and into the living room to answer the phone.
I picked up the receiver.
"Pearl residence," I mumbled into the phone.....and then......I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Mrs.Pearl?" A male voice said softly, "This is Dr.Tobias Raine at Milton General Hospital; I called to inform you that your Son was found unconscious in the woods earlier tonight."
After he said that, everything went mute for me.....everything was a blur of colors and lights, and when I found myself out of that odd tunnel.

I was inside a hospital room with Justin, and the sight in front of us was..........heartbreaking.

The two of us ran to him

Justin to the right and me on the left side.
Joey is lying in a hospital bed, not moving, tubes protruding in and out of him, the cold beeping of the heart monitor filled the sterile room.

Justin and I shared a look on his face was fear and confusion.

Then a human man came into the room. He has blonde hair and pale blue eyes hidden behind black rim glasses, wearing an electric blue...i think there called scrubs under a white coat.
"Mr. and Mrs. Pearl?" he asked. He's the doctor from the phone. "I know this is going to be rough, but your son is fine....ish. We put him in what we call a medically induced coma to help his body heal."

He looked sad at what was happening.
"What happened to him?" Justin asked. "how did he end up like this?"

"We don't know; a friend of your sons found him in the wounds covered in his blood and mud." the doctor answered, "but it's good you're here, Mr.Pearl. Can we speak outside privately?"
He nods and leaves the room with the doctor.
I grabbed a chair in the corner of the small space and sat down on it.
I moved some of Joey's hair out of his face.