she won't let go when you hug her

Nayeon sighed as she walked back down the stairs to find you on the sofa in the living room. The blanket was over your lap and a tissue was in your hand to wipe away any tears you've shed after the fight you shared a few minutes ago.

She stormed upstairs, leaving you with only the slam of the door while she tried to cool down. But she regretted it now as her heart sank in her chest, knowing that she wasn't there to wipe your tears away herself.

She padded down the stairs the rest of the way and walked to you. The cushion dipped as she sat down next to you and reached out for you.

To her relief, you didn't pull away. You turned to look at her with your red eyes and she reached out to cup your cheek in the palm of her hand.

"I'm sorry." She spoke softly and you could tell by the look in her eyes that she was being honest. "I absolutely hate it when we fight. It breaks my heart every time."

"Me too."

"Hug?"

You crawled into her arms and onto her lap. Right away, her arms wrapped around you and she squeezed you tight.

"I love you. Forgive me?"

"Already forgiven, Nayeon. I just want to put it all behind us and enjoy our night together."

She nodded and kissed the crown of your head lovingly. You got ready to pull away, thinking now that the argument was over and done, you thought you'd order some takeout and watch a movie together and spend the rest of the night wrapped in her embrace.

But when you tried to wiggle out of her arms she only tightened them around you. You dropped your cheek against her shoulder and your heart nearly melted when you felt her laugh against your cheek.

"You think I'm letting you go?" She wondered as she gazed down at you. "Think twice. I'm not letting you go. Not for a long while."

You went to reply when she gently pushed you on your back and hovered over you. She dropped her head on your chest, her ear resting over your heart and she felt comforted when she heard the beat of your heart and she couldn't help but smile when it skipped a beat from the touch of her hand.

"I promise to never fight again. I love you too much. I'd rather spend my time loving on you and holding you tight."

Your heart melted as her words sank in. You enjoy these moments spent with Nayeon much more. You prefer her soft, sweet words rather than the huffs and scoffs falling from her lips and the sting of her words.

You're just as guilty, having a rough day yourself and losing your cool. Although it never gets too out of hand, you'd still rather spend your time in her embrace. With her hugging you tight and kissing you while whispering words of love against your neck.

"I promise too."

A moment of silence passed by and she sat up slowly. You thought she wanted to pull away and you thought about reaching for your phone to order some dinner, but she brought you onto her lap and laid her chin on your shoulder as her arms wrapped tight around you yet again.

"Nbayeon!" You laughed.

"I told you that I'm not letting you go. I love you."

You didn't even try to pull away. You just melted into her arms and basked in the warmth and comfort her embrace provided and relished in every minute spent with her.