little angel (requested)

The sound of the cries coming from your four-day-old baby girl across the hall made Nayeon's eyes fly open.

She slowly sat up and as she did so, she quietly said your name.

She had no intention of waking you. In fact, she hoped you were still sound asleep. But she just wanted to be sure before she got out of bed to soothe your sweet daughter.

In response to her whispering your name, you stirred and moved in your sleep a little.

Nayeon just smiled to herself and got out of bed and before she left the room, she made sure you were covered up nice and warm before kissing your cheek and exiting the bedroom.

The cries got louder as she reached the nursery and, instinctively, she instantly began to comfort the tiny baby.

"Oh, honey. Shh." She poke as she gently lifted the baby from the crib and into her arms. "It's okay, baby. I'm here. Mom's here. I've got you."

The tiny baby continued to cry but as she walked around the room, her cries got quieter and quieter.

"There we go." Nayeon sighed and kissed the baby's head softly. "There's my little girl."

She stared down at the baby in her arms and she immediately felt like crying from the immense love she felt.

She still can't believe that she's in the world. Finally. Everything is just so... perfect.

Of course, there are moments so far that aren't as thrilling as others.

Such as the night you brought her into the world and the number of times you and Nayeon get up and down each night so far to care for her whenever your little girl cries.

But, even in those moments, you both feel the intense love for the sweet baby.

It's all so worth it.

Every time Nayeon stares at her, her heart almost bursts from her chest.

She has never felt so much love for someone.

Nayeon sniffled and was pulled out of her thoughts when the baby started to fuss a little.

"No, shh, baby. It's okay. I've got you." Nayeon soothed and continued to walk around the room.

She gently fixed the precious baby in her arms, letting her lay her head on Nayeon's chest instead.

Nayeon brushed her hand across the baby's back and kissed her head as she started to walk down the stairs.

"Are you hungry? Is that it?" She asked but with every word that left her lips, she was cooing and smiling from ear to ear at your little girl who rested her head on Nayeon's chest and gripped her shirt in her small hands.

Nayeon quickly made her one of the bottles you already prepared before she went back upstairs, taking every step slower and more careful than she ever has before.

"Okay, here we are, baby," Nayeon said as she reached the baby's room once more.

She quietly closed the door behind her before turning on the light, this way you wouldn't be disturbed from your sleep.

She hummed as she padded across the floor to the chair and when she sat down, she moved your little girl in her arms once more, so she could feed her.

"Here we go." Nayeon grinned and watched with eyes full of adoration as the baby began to eat a little.

A few minutes passed and after the bottle was gone, Nayeon thought the baby would fall right back asleep and she'd just stay in the chair with the baby in her arms for a little while.

But she just cried and Nayeon stood up to begin to comfort her.

"Okay, sweet girl. It's okay." She spoke softly as she walked around the room again.

This time, she wasn't so easy to calm down, so Nayeon did the best thing she thought she could do.

"Want me to sing to you?" Nayeon asked with a hopeful grin as if the four-day-old baby would respond.

A few soft sounds fell from the baby's lips and Nayeon chuckled.

"I'll take that as a yes." She joked and kissed her head softly before she started to sing the first thing that came to mind.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky."

The baby stopped crying and just stared up at her mom with the prettiest eyes she's ever seen. They were just like yours and, oh, her heart melts, even more, every time she realizes that.

"This is what I do for a living. For the last several years, I sing for people around the world. I love it and I hope you do too because I memorized lots of lullabies and I'll be singing them to you for years to come." Nayeon teased.

She stopped talking and she stopped singing and just basked in the silence as she stared at your little girl with tears of happiness in her eyes.

"You are perfect. Absolutely perfect. I love you so much." She whispered. "I've loved you for so long and I'm happy you're in the world now. We waited a long time for you. But you were worth every minute we spent waiting and letting you grow because you're the cutest and sweetest little baby ever."

She watched as the baby closed her eyes and started to fall asleep.

"There's nothing in this world that I won't do for you. No matter what happens in the future - no matter who you want to be, who you identify as, what you dream of doing - you will always have two moms who love you through everything. Through every triumph and every fall, your mom and I will always be there to support you. You're our whole world and nothing will ever change that. I promise you."

She kissed the baby's head once more, lips lingering on her soft skin for a few seconds.

"I'm so happy. I've never been so happy. You're perfect." She sniffled. "I should let you get some sleep, right? It was four am when I got out of bed and that was a while ago, the sun is probably going to come out soon."

She looked out the window, smiling to herself.

"One day, we'll watch the sunrise together. Your mom and I do that sometimes. We watch the sunset, too. It'll be even better to do those things with you. Everything we do will be better... because we have you."

She was quiet for a few seconds and stared back down at the baby, grinning from ear to ear.

She started to sing again, her voice quiet as she walked to the crib and gently laid your little girl in it.

"Goodnight, my baby. Sleep tight. Have sweet dreams. Don't be afraid to cry again soon, I'll come running so we can spend more time together. I promise." She chuckled and kissed the baby's head once more before she turned off the light and opened the door before she walked back across the hall to your shared room.

She got back into bed and slipped beneath the covers again.

"I love you so much." She whispered and kissed your head before she closed her eyes.

"I love you too."

Another big smile tugged at her lips upon realizing you were awake.

"You should've woken me. I would've got the baby so you could sleep."

"You need more sleep than I do. You're the one that brought her into the world, after all. Besides, I got her. I enjoy spending time with her."

"She's going to be spoiled with love."

"You bet she will, my love." She chuckled as she put her arm around you. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, baby." You whispered as you fell back asleep while Nayeon stayed awake and thought about how happy she is because of you and your little angel and how much you both mean to her.