you get hurt (requested)

"how's it coming in here?" You asked as you entered the kitchen. "It smells delicious!"

You closed your eyes and breathed in the aroma of the dinner Nayeon was making for you both.

Judging by the way it smelled, you had a feeling that it was going to taste amazing.

"Thanks, baby! It's good so far but it would be a huge help if you cut the vegetables up for me."

"Sure, no problem, my love!" You happily answered and kissed her cheek before grabbing the cutting board and a knife.

You gathered the vegetables from the fridge and placed them on the cutting board before you started to cut them into thin slices, perfect for the meal tonight.

"I'd say it'll be about ten minutes and then it should be ready." Nayeon cheerfully said. "It's turning out perfectly, I'm so proud."

You were about to reply to her and tell her that you were proud of her and that you just knew it was going to be the best meal you'd had in so long.

However, as you cut up another vegetable, the knife slipped and you sliced your finger.

"Ouch!" You winced in pain as you dropped the knife on the counter.

Nayeon knew you'd cut yourself but she didn't know how badly.

Honestly, she was afraid you might've sliced your finger off or at least badly enough to need stitches.

Needing to check on you and make sure that you were okay, she turned the burner off and moved the food to another one before placing the lid over it.

After, she hurried over to you and began to comfort and care for you.

"Are you okay, baby? Did you cut it bad?" She asked as she gently grabbed your hand in hers.

There was some blood but that wasn't surprising.

Nayeon just felt so relieved to see that it wasn't as bad as she feared it was going to be.

"Come here, darling. It's okay." She said as she walked you over to the sink.

She turned the water on and grabbed some soap and once the water was warm enough, she had you put your finger under it.

"It's going to be just fine, baby. It's not that bad. You don't need stitches and you've still got your finger, so that's good, right?"

You nodded as you blinked away your tears.

"This might sting a bit." She said as she put some soap onto the cut.

Thankfully, it wasn't all that bad, and she was able to rinse it off only a few seconds later.

"Okay, stay right here. I'm going to grab the first aid kit." She said as she turned the water off and had you move over to the counter.

She returned a few seconds after, hurrying into the room as quickly as she could.

"Nay, it's alright. You don't have to hurry that fast. It's not like I'm going to bleed out!" You joked.

"I know. But the sooner I do this, the sooner you'll feel better, and that's important to me right now. I don't want you to be in pain."

She opened the first aid kit as a small smile pulled at your lips.

She pulled a bandage out as well as some antibiotic cream before turning to you.

"Okay, one last part." She said as she put some cream onto the cut, watching as you sink your teeth into your lip in discomfort. "Sorry, baby. Almost done."

"You take such good care of me."

"That's what I'm here for." She said with sparkling eyes as she looked up at you. "Viola! All done."

You looked at your finger to find that she had put the bandage on without you even realizing it.

It was a much better sight than the blood you saw a few seconds ago.

"It should stop bleeding soon. It wasn't that bad but I'm prohibiting you from cutting veggies. I'll finish it in a few."

"I can do it-"

"Nope! You got hurt already so just sit your cute little butt down at the table and in a few, I'll join you for dinner."

"Okay. Guess that gives me time to just sit and admire my beautiful girl." You smiled as you took a seat at the table and watched her cook and cut the vegetables up, your eyes soft and full of love for your sweet girl the whole time.