cravings (requested)

"Nayeon?" You whispered as you rolled over to face your girlfriend. "Baby? Are you awake?"

You shook her shoulder and she groaned a little as she began to stir from her sleep.

"Nayeon? I can't sleep."

She opened her eyes and blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness of the bedroom.

"Baby," she sighed as she looked at the clock before looking at you, her fingers falling to your forearms. "It's four in the morning. Please tell me you've gotten a little sleep so far tonight."

"A little. But I woke up and can't get back to sleep because... I have a problem."

"Problem? What is it, baby? Tell me." She said as she put one of her hands on your stomach.

It was barely there, just barely, but you have a little bump and she can't seem to take her hands off of it.

"I'm having cravings."

She closed her eyes, a small sigh leaving her lips before she opened her eyes to look at you once more.

"What are you craving?"

"Ice cream!"

"Ice cream? At four am?"

"Yes," you whined as you put your cheek on her chest, staring up at her with a little pout. "Nayeon, I need it."

"Don't we have some in the freezer?"

You shook your head.

"You're sure?"

"I'm positive. I checked a little while ago. I didn't want to wake you but I need it so badly. There's no way I'll be able to sleep without getting some of it."

"It's okay, darling." She assured as she reached over to turn on the lamp. "You can wake me up whenever, I don't mind. I'm happy to get you some ice cream."

She sat up and scooted to the edge of the bed, yawning as she stretched her arms out over her head.

You scooted beside her and put your cheek on her shoulder.

She chuckled and brushed her fingers through your hair before she put her lips on your forehead, kissing it lovingly as her left hand fell to your tiny bump.

"Sorry again for waking you. I know you've been working hard lately and that you were sleeping well."

"Don't be sorry. There should be a store around here that sells ice cream at four am, it's no trouble at all." She smiled and kissed your lips. "What kind?"

"Actually can tag along? That way I can dig into it right away?"

"Sure, cutie." She giggled and you both got up, slipping on your shoes before she grabbed the keys and you headed out the door and to the car.

She pulled into the nearby convenience store and took your hand into hers as you got out of the car and started to make your way to the door.

You dragged her by her hand to the freezer section and went bright-eyed upon seeing the huge selection of ice cream they had.

"Which one, my love?"

"That one!" You said as you pointed to the chocolate one.

She opened the freezer door and pulled the container out before handing it to you.

"And that one, too!" You said and she chuckled before opening the freezer door once more, grabbing the container.

"And? Any others?"

"Maybe that one?" You asked as you pointed to another flavor that you love and she nodded before grabbing it for you.

"Good?"

"Yes! Thank you!" You grinned and kissed her cheek before heading to the register.

She made sure to buy something that you could eat it with before she paid for it and headed out the door with you.

"I don't know which to eat first!" You excitedly said as you looked into the bag, your mouth watering over the different flavors.

You settled on your favorite of the three and opened the container, excitedly digging into it.

Nayeon started the car, her heart fluttering over how happy and content you were now.

"Better?"

"Yes! Thank you so much, Nayeon. You have no idea how much I needed this."

"You're welcome. Anything for you and our little one." She said and kissed your cheek before bending down to kiss your tiny bump.

You gave her a spoonful of your ice cream, which she happily enjoyed, before she started to drive home, swearing that she hasn't felt this happy in so long.