karaoke in the car (requested)

Nayeon had one hand on the wheel, the other holding yours as she kept her eyes on the road.

It's early in the morning, just a little after five am. You weren't very happy when she woke you up a little under an hour ago.

But when she surprised you by telling you that she's got a few days off and has decided to take you on a road trip like you've been wanting to do so badly, your mood changed and you've been smiling ever since.

You yawned quietly, but it was loud enough for Nayeon to hear.

"Sleepy, baby?" She asked as she looked from the road and to you for a second before looking back at the road.

"Yeah."

"Put the seat back and get a little sleep then, my love."

"No. I don't want to miss the sights and the views as we go. I'll be okay."

She sighed before smiling to herself as an idea came to her head.

"How about we do a little karaoke?"

"I don't know, Nayeon. I don't like my voice."

As she pulled up to a red light, she stared at you lovingly and gently stroked your cheek with her palm.

"I do." She said. "You know I'm not going to judge you. Come on, it'll be fun! It'll help keep us awake too."

"Okay." You agreed and she thought for a moment about what to start with, before gazing at you adoringly.

"Tap on my window, knock on my door, I want to make you feel beautiful."

You giggled and joined in.

"I know I tend to get so insecure, doesn't matter anymore," you sang loudly, the sound of your voice melting Nayeon's heart.

She got a little caught up in her thoughts for a second, just thinking about how much she loves you before she joined in again.

"My heart is full and my door's always open, you come anytime you want,"

You giggled, going from song to song as you sang at the top of your lungs together, just having so much fun together.

You went from she will be loved to singing paper rings, basking in the love you share for each other.

At every red light and every stop sign, she'd lean over to give you a kiss or two.

"Your voice is pretty, baby," she smiled as she hit the next red light. "I love you."

"I love you too." You smiled and leaned over to push your lips on hers, getting so caught up in her that you only pulled away when the car behind you beeped their horn as the light turned green.

And it shouldn't have surprised you when the next song Nayeon began to sing was none other than what is love.

"I wanna know know know what is love!" You sang at the top of your lungs together.

And as you went from song to song, you no longer felt sleepy.

You only felt excited about your quality time with Nayeon, thinking about every day that you'll spend together as you go from place to place as you go on your road trip.

You basked in every flutter in your heart, happily singing every song with Nayeon at the top of your lungs, both of you happier than ever.