she comes out to her homophobic parents (requested)

"We don't have to do this." You whispered to Nayeon as you noticed how nervous she is.

Sitting across from her parents at the table, she was trying to think about the best way to tell them about you.

You've been together for several months now. No one on her side of the family knows. Only some of yours and the girls.

Even though she's a grown woman and completely capable of making her own choices, she's still very afraid every move she makes is going to let her parents down.

She's thought about this for so long. She debated on telling them, wondering if she should even tell them at all.

But you're as serious as you can be. She's wholeheartedly in love with you. She knows she doesn't want anyone else in this world. She only wants you.

You've talked about your future together. You've talked about starting a family someday, getting married, and spending a beautiful life together.

But sadly, you've talked about how her parents most likely won't be part of that. Because they're not accepting or supportive.

But regardless of that, she's ready to tell them about you. About your love and your dreams and the bright future you already plan to share.

She refuses to hide it anymore. She's not ashamed. She's proud. She's ready to tell them that.

"No. I don't want to hide us any longer. I'm ready."

She sighed before clearing her throat to get her parents' attention.

They were busy talking to each other but as Nayeon cleared her throat, their attention shifted to her.

"I need to talk to you both about something. Something important."

"Okay." Her father said.

"Y/N isn't just my best friend..." she paused.

That's what she first introduced you to them as; her best friend.

But that was about to change.

"Y/N is my girlfriend."

"Excuse me?" Her mom said, scoffing obnoxiously.

"We're dating. We've been dating for seven months now. Not right now, of course, but someday we're going to get married. I want to be with her forever. I've met someone I truly love. I needed you guys to know that."

Her father threw his fork onto the plate and looked over to her mom, both of them shaking their heads in disappointment.

"You're not in love." Her mom said.

"Yeah, I am. Very much so. More than I ever imagined was possible."

"Then get out of this house." She said, her words cutting Nayeon deep. "You know how we feel about that stuff. It is not okay. If you are in love with her, then we want nothing to do with you."

"You'd rather lose your daughter because she's in love with another girl than even try to accept her for who she is?" You asked in disbelief.

"You shut up!" Her father yelled.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Nayeon yelled back. "You want nothing to do with me because I'm in love with y/n? Fine. I want nothing to do with you either. I don't need you - neither of you." Nayeon said and got out of the chair, holding her hand out for you.

"You're going to regret this. Someday, you'll realize it." Her mom said.

"No. I won't. Not now, not ever. You refuse to accept me for who I am. You refuse to accept that I'm happy just because of who I love. I will never regret this."

"You'll have no one!" Her father yelled as Nayeon took your hand and tried to tug you out the door.

"I have everything and everyone I need. I've got the girls. I've got y/n. I've got her family. I told you already - I don't need you."

"Then get out! Never come back! Never call us! We're ashamed of you!" Her mom yelled, following you to the door with her dad following.

"The feeling is mutual," Nayeon said as she stared at them. "Come on, baby."

She led you to the car and sped off without another word, one hand on the wheel and the other wrapped in yours.

She was done with them.

As much as it hurt knowing her parents wouldn't ever love her for who is she is, she knows she'll be okay in time.

She meant it when she said she has all she needs, all she'll ever need.

She's got you, the girls, the fans, and your family.

What else could she ever want or need?