do you think I'm good enough? (requested)

Date night with Nayeon sounded so exciting when she first suggested it.

How could it not when it's been such a long time since you've had the opportunity to go out and spend some time together?

You had plans to grab dinner from one of the most romantic places in town and then do whatever your hearts desired after, since you hadn't fully decided what to do just yet.

But now, as you look in the mirror in the bathroom, you're not feeling so excited.

It's been hard lately. People online have been saying things and their words were anything but kind.

It's taken a toll on your mental health and self-esteem, even though you hate to admit it.

You teared up as their words crept back into your brain again.

The outfit you tend to wear out with Nayeon a lot was on the counter, your other clothes now on the floor.

Honestly, you felt more like pulling back on your sweats and your t-shirt and just staying home tonight.

Your tears were falling now. You sniffled and tried to quiet down so Nayeon wouldn't hear.

After all, she's only on the other side of the door, in your bedroom where she's patiently waiting for you.

It shouldn't come as any surprise that she heard your sobs.

Despite covering your hand with your mouth to try and keep quiet, they still escaped and they were loud enough for Nayeon to hear them.

She opened the door and walked to you, holding you tight as you sank onto the floor together.

You buried your face in her neck, your tears falling onto her skin. Her arms were wrapped tightly around you as she kissed your head lovingly.

"What's wrong? I thought you'd be dressed but you're just crying instead. Why, my love?"

You sniffled and looked up at her.

"I don't think I want to go out tonight."

"What?" She asked, voice quiet.

"I don't think I'll look good. People have been saying things about me lately and I saw my reflection and... I don't think they're wrong."

"Oh, but darling, they are. They're so wrong. Whatever they're saying about you is so untrue."

"Yeah, right." You scoffed.

"Stop that." She said, cupping your cheeks in her hands. "You are beautiful. No matter what you wear or do - you are perfect just as you are."

Your bottom lip trembled and she wiped away the tears on your cheeks.

"Do you think I'm good enough?"

"Yes." She answered only a second later. "You're more than good enough, y/n. You're everything everyone wants to be. You're kind and funny. You're beautiful inside and out. You're amazing and I'm so lucky to have you."

You smiled a little, feeling comforted by the brush of her hand along your spine and her sweet words.

"Do you want to stay in? I mean, I'd love to treat you to a date night out but if you don't feel up to it, we can order a pizza or takeout or something. We'll cuddle in bed." She offered and you shrugged your shoulders.

"I don't know."

"Whatever you decide, we'll do. Just promise me one thing, y/n. Don't miss out on time with your girlfriend because jealous and miserable people on the internet have nothing better to do than hate others. Those people don't know you. They'll never be lucky enough to get to know and love you like people in your life do, especially me."

You smiled a little, your lips touching hers as she leaned in and pecked them softly.

"Forget about them. Whatever you want to do, that's your choice and I'll be okay with it. But please do it because you want to; not because of these people who have no life and have to bring others down to make themselves feel better."

"You're right." You said. "I want to go out."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah. I just don't want people to say things about me." You admitted.

"They don't matter. If they are hateful to you, they're just jealous." She said, shrugging her shoulders, making you laugh. "You're beautiful. Don't believe anyone who says differently."

"Okay." You smiled and kissed her lips lovingly before getting up.

Nayeon watched you get dressed with a look of adoration in her eyes.

When you were ready to go just a few minutes later, you turned to her.

"So? Do I look okay?"

"Gorgeous," she whispered, kissing your lips. "As always."

You shared a few more kisses before you got ready to head out the door, ready for an amazing night with your favorite girl in the world.