you're an idol and pass out on stage (requested)

"Are you sure you're okay to go out on stage? You don't look like you're feeling well at all." Nayeon spoke in concern as she placed her hand on your warm forehead.

She knows you're not going to listen to her. She knows how hard you've been working to prepare for your performance tonight at this awards show.

It's an incredible opportunity and you've been looking forward to it since the day they asked you to perform a couple of months ago.

You've got a lot of people who seem to be just as excited about it. Your fans, your friends, fellow idols that are out in the crowd, and Nayeon and the girls.

She understands the pressure. She's been under it for several years now.

But it's different today. You're coming down with something. Even though you tried, there was no denying how terrible you felt.

The color kept draining from your skin as you turn green on occasion, leaving Nayeon even more concerned with knowing it's just a matter of time until you get sick. or worse.

But you keep brushing off her worries.

"I'm fine, Nayeon. I can do this. Don't worry about me."

"I always worry about you, y/n. Just like you worry about me when I push myself too hard."

You let out a heavy sigh, knowing that she was right.

"I've been so excited for this and people are counting on me. You know I have no choice. I'll be fine." You said as you chugged down the cold bottle of water in your hand.

Nayeon stared at you with a worried expression. You're speaking as if you're trying to convince someone that you're capable of going out there and pushing through your misery.

But, deep down, she couldn't tell if it was her or yourself that you're attempting to convince.

"I have to get back to my seat with the girls. I'm going to be right in the front, right there to cheer you on. We all are. Please keep drinking some water. I love you. I believe in you."

She kissed your warm forehead and bit her lip as she pulled away. You feel warmer than before like you're starting to run a fever.

There was something in her that told her that something was wrong, that something was going to go wrong.

But she knows you're not going to cancel no matter how much she tries to convince you that you just seem to be too miserable to even go out on that stage.

She's sadly faced the same pressure. She and the girls have been in your shoes several times before. People count on you; fans and your label. There's too much pressure. It's nearly impossible to escape.

She took her seat once more. She was right between Jihyo and Mina.

"Are you excited to see your girl shine?" Jihyo teased as she playfully elbowed Nayeon.

"I don't know. I mean, of course I'm proud of her and excited that she's got such a wonderful opportunity. But she's coming down with something. She doesn't look like herself at all. But you know how it goes. Unless something goes terribly wrong, you always have to push through." Nayeon sighed and the girls all nodded in agreement, sad that they understood how that goes all too well.

"I just have a bad feeling," Nayeon mumbled but before she could explain herself, they were announcing your name and everyone was on their feet to cheer you on as you took the stage.

Of course, the girls were the first ones standing. They were all excited to see you shine although they shared Nayeon's concern, worrying that you'd push yourself too hard.

And they were right.

It was only a minute or so into your performance when it really hit you just how terrible you felt.

Your skin is sticky with sweat already; both from performing so hard and from being so sick.

You had to push through. You kept telling yourself that people were counting on you and tried to remind yourself that there wasn't too much time left.

Just a couple more minutes.

You'd be okay.

But you wouldn't be okay.

You felt it only a few seconds later. You were dizzy, missing your steps, and starting to mix up your lyrics as the room began to spin.

The familiar faces in the crowd and the fans cheering loudly for you faded away as everything turned black before you passed out and fell to the stage floor.

Everyone gasped in shock. Nayeon had never felt so terrified before.

Crew members began to rush on stage to try and calm people in the crowd and get you out of sight from the idols and fans that stared in shock.

Nayeon didn't say a word to the girls. As soon as she saw one of the crew members gently pick you up to carry you backstage, she was rushing out of her seat and backstage.

She searched through the crowd of other crew members and concerned people to see where you were.

Once she saw you, she shoved through the people standing around to see what was going on and ran to your side.

She took your hand and felt relief when she noticed that your eyes were open.

"Y/N! You scared me." She said, almost in tears after being so scared. "I honestly think you scared everybody though." She said with a sad smile as you gave her hand a squeeze.

It broke her heart to see you this way.

You looked so exhausted and weak. You were drenched in sweat, way more than what you'd usually be after performing.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"She will be." One of the medics told her. "She's dehydrated and she's running a fever."

"She's been feeling sick but wouldn't listen when I told her that she should take it easy." Nayeon sighed as she caressed your cheek and watched you close your eyes.

People were fanning you and putting cool cloths and ice packs over you to try to cool you down.

"Well, you need to make sure she takes it easy from here on out. She needs to rest and stay hydrated, maybe stay in bed for a couple of days."

"No," you whined. "I'll be fine."

"Y/N, don't argue," Nayeon said sternly. "You passed out, you scared everybody. You need to rest. You'll be doing just that."

"I let everyone down." You mumbled as your emotions caught up to you. "I didn't mean to."

"Stop this," Nayeon said softly as she continued to caress your cheek and gazed into your eyes. "It wasn't your fault and you didn't let anyone down. People will understand. This won't be your only opportunity to perform at major award shows. You're talented and people aren't going to let this one moment define you. You're sick and you're pushing yourself too hard. They'll understand."

You sighed and squeezed her hand with tired eyes.

"Are you cooling down any?"

"Yeah. I feel a little better."

"Good," Nayeon whispered and kissed your forehead. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

"Don't ever do that again. You scared me so badly."

You chuckled in sadness as let out a sigh of relief as you began to cool down, feeling the first glimpse of relief that you've felt all day.

"I won't. I promise. I'll take better care of myself."

She nodded and sent you a sweet smile as she brushed her fingers through your hair, promising you that she'd take care of you until you felt better again.