mistakes (requested)

The look in your girlfriend's eyes was the complete opposite of what you expected to see when you arrived home from the airport, where you picked her up after she and the girls finished their tour.

She was quiet and nervous. She's barely spoken a word to you as if something was on her mind that she couldn't stop obsessively thinking about. She was fidgeting, nervously playing with her fingers as she sat on the bed next to you.

"Are you okay?" You asked as you placed your hand on her thigh.

She looked you in the eyes for the first time since you reunited at the airport.

"I know when something is wrong, Nayeon. You can't fool me."

She swallowed thickly and took your hand into hers.

"You're right. You're always right." She chuckled.

"Okay. So you admit it, something is wrong. Why don't you tell me what it is, my love?"

She took in a shaky breath and exhaled the same way.

"I don't know how to tell you this..."

"Just tell me, baby."

She bit at her lip, biting it so hard you wondered if it would bleed.

"When we were on tour, just a few weeks ago, something happened. I made a huge mistake, y/n."

"Nayeon, you're making me nervous."

"I know." She whispered quietly. "I'm sorry. I went out on one of the days we had off and the girls and I had a couple of drinks. I don't remember exactly what happened but... there was a girl in my bed the next morning."

Your breath hitched, your heart shattering in your chest.

"You cheated?"

She nodded slowly.

The look in her eyes told you how guilty she felt.

"I feel so awful, y/n. I got carried away and I don't remember much of it but when I woke up the next morning, I was naked and so was she."

You felt the tears stinging your eyes and felt the intense ache in your chest from your broken heart.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I feel so bad. I have ever since it happened. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to tell you over the screen of a phone or computer. You deserved to know something like face to face. It just felt wrong to do it any other way."

"Did you see her after?"

"No! No, I woke up and I saw her and I forced her to leave my hotel room. I locked the door and I never let her back in. She got my number and wanted to... hook up and I told her no, that it was all a huge mistake and I wanted nothing to do with her. I deleted her number and I blocked her. I swear, y/n. I haven't had contact with her ever since?"

"Is this the first time?"

"Yes, baby. The first and last time."

You hung your head with sadness.

"I know you're heartbroken. I understand if you hate me. I know I messed up. But please believe me when I say that I don't even remember what happened and I will hate myself for doing what I did for the rest of my life."

You nodded sadly.

"Please forgive me. I'm so sorry." She cried as she held your hands tightly in hers.

"I-I need space, Nayeon."

She sniffled and dropped your hands.

"I'm going to go stay with Sana for a few days. I need some time and space to think for a while."

"I understand." She said as she sent you a small but sad smile. "Take your time. Just... let me know how you feel about us when you make your decision."

"Okay." You said as you packed a couple of bags and then left to get into your car and drive off to Sana's, knowing you've got a lot to think about.