break up prank (requested)

You threw your hoodie into the duffle bag at your feet as the front door closed.

The sound of Nayeon's voice made your heart beat faster in your chest. You tried to hold back the smile that tugged at your lips; as it instinctively does every time you hear her sweet voice.

You heard her footsteps on the stairs as she called your name again. You tried your very best to look as sad as you could, despite the fact that inside you were feeling a rush of happiness as she got closer and closer.

"Y/N? Are you here?" She yelled and then appeared in the doorway a second later.

That big, beautiful smile you love so much was on her lips.

Her eyes looked bright, despite the dark circles under them from how tired she feels after working so hard over the last few days. She looked happy to see you and you had to do your very best to try to hide the fact that you were happy to see her, too.

You watched that sparkle in her eyes fade and her smile fall when she noticed the bags at your feet and the clothes on the bed beside you.

You folded up one of your favorite shirts and placed it inside the suitcase and heard her breath hitch when it was tucked inside.

"You're packing your favorite shirt? You must be going somewhere."

Even though she didn't want to admit it, you could hear the tremble in her voice from her nerves as she watched you pack. She had a sinking feeling that she knew why you were packing but she refused to believe it.

"Where are you going? On a vacation of some sort?"

You sighed and looked at her with sad eyes, shaking your head. She swallowed thickly and tried to hide her shaking hands and racing heart.

"No, Nayeon. I'm leaving."

"Leaving to go where?" She asked quietly, feeling her heart shatter in her chest over your words.

"I don't know. Home-"

"Home? You're already home, y/n." She chuckled nervously and looked around the room. "This is home. Our home. Remember? We bought this home together."

"Nayeon," you sighed and watched her eyes close and her teeth sink into her lip as it trembled.

"Please don't say it. Please don't say you're leaving." She pleaded, blinking away the tears in her eyes.

"What do you want me to say then?"

"That you're not leaving!" She exclaimed with a sniffle. "You can't just... walk away. I don't know what happened. I don't understand why you'd want to leave. When I left this morning, when I kissed you goodbye, everything seemed fine. You seemed happy."

"I just think we need a break." You spoke quietly and she shook her head.

"I don't! I would never need a break from you. You're my whole world. Those times we're apart, when I'm on tour or out of town for something to do with the band, I miss you like crazy. I think about you all day, every single day. I think about you all the time when I'm in practice or in the studio. I don't need a break. I know how much it hurts to be away from you."

You hung your head as she looked like she was going to cry.

You felt a rush of guilt flood over you. You knew this prank would probably cause a few tears to fall. But now, you're being struck with the deepest heartbreak as she practically pleads for you to stay as she lists off all the reasons she needs you to stay.

"You need a break? From me? Is that what you're saying?" She asked, almost whimpering as the words left her mouth. Her lips trembled and she lowered her head in sadness.

"No." You quickly said. "No, Nayeon. I don't need a break from you. I," you paused and took a deep breath, knowing you were about to crack already. "I love you too much to ever want or need a break from you."

"But you said you think we need a break. I don't need one. I don't want one. You must."

She spoke quietly, her words like a whisper. Her heart was breaking and you were the reason why.

"No." You said sternly, sighing as you stood up and walked to her to pull her into your arms.

She trembled a little, her bottom lip wobbling against your neck. But she feared this was the hug; the last one you'd share before you'd rattle off some excuse then walk away. She couldn't bear it.

So she clung to you as tightly as she could. She fisted your shirt, bunching it up in her hands as she begged you to never let go.

"I won't let go, baby." You promised. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for agreeing to do this."

"Do what?" She mumbled, pulling her face from your neck to stare at you with teary eyes.

"This prank."

She went wide-eyed at your confession. You thought she'd push you away, maybe storm out or go across the hall to the spare room and lock herself inside and tell you she needed time to think.

But she just sighed and dropped her forehead onto yours.

"That was really mean."

"I know." You sighed sadly. "I regret it. I really am sorry. I don't know why I agreed to it when my friends suggested I pull a prank on you."

"You're lucky I love you." She said, her eyes locked with yours.

You couldn't help but chuckle as you nodded and held her a little tighter.

"Very lucky."

"Don't pull any more mean pranks on me." She pouted. "I don't like them. You scared me."

"I'm sorry. Never again, I promise." You said and wrapped your pinky around hers, causing her to smile brightly. "I love you."

"I love you more." She said and kissed your cheek before burying her face in your neck again, continuing to hold you as she relaxed, relieved that you weren't going anywhere; not ever.