she proposes (requested)

"Nayeon? I'm home!" You yelled out as you walked through the door.

Your back was turned as you closed the front door and turned the lock since it was getting to be a little late in the evening and you're sure you and Nayeon will be doing nothing but cuddling tonight.

She owes you that, considering the fact that she practically forced you to leave the house for the last few hours to hang out with the girls who took you all around town to do different things.

You turned back around with a sigh, only to jump when you saw Nayeon right behind you.

"Nayeon! Babe, you scared me."

She laughed and pulled you in for a quick hug.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to. How was your time with the girls? Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, it was fun. Although Momo and Chaeyoung didn't tag along."

"Hm. That's odd. Maybe they were busy with something else." She said, trying to be innocent, but you sensed that maybe the thing she was busy with involved something to do with Nayeon and the fact that she didn't want you home for some strange reason.

But before you could even question what she did while you were gone or what she was up to, she took your hands into hers. You noticed that they were shaking a little as if she was nervous about something.

"What is it, baby?"

"You know I love you so much, right?" She asked and watched you furrow your eyebrows before nodding quickly.

"Of course. I love you just as much. You know that."

She nodded and took a deep breath.

"I planned something special for us! Would you like to see?"

"I knew you were up to something." You teased before pecking her lips. "But yes. Take me to see whatever you have planned for tonight."

She nodded and led you up the stairs and then down the hall to your shared room.

She peeked into the bedroom to take one last look at the scene that awaited you before she dropped your hand and insisted that you enter the bedroom first.

"Oh, Nayeon," you whispered in awe as soon as you saw the balloons and the candles all over the room, making everything look so romantic.

But you also noticed something else - the petals on the bedroom floor.

They were from your favorite flower. Nayeon buys you them every chance she gets, as a way of showing you a little extra love or letting you know you're always on her mind even when she's at her busiest.

But there was something different about them this time. It was just the petals all over the bedroom floor, spelling out the four words that made you gasp in shock.

Will you marry me?

It made tears well up in your eyes instantly. You've dreamt of this moment with Nayeon for so long and, finally, it was happening.

"Nayeon," you spoke breathlessly as you turned around, finding her down on one knee with that big, adorable smile on her face.

"I had this huge speech planned out. I practiced it again and again with Momo and Chaeyoung today when they helped me set this all up but, now that I'm actually right here in this moment with you, I can't seem to remember any of it."

You chuckled tearfully over her confession.

"I know that I love you more than anything else in this world. You make everything better and brighter. Even when I feel like the world is against me or I feel overwhelmed, you're always right by my side to cheer me up and kiss it all better. I want to be with you forever. I want to marry you more than anything. I want you to be my wife. So, will you-"

"Yes!" You yelled out before she could even finish the question, too impatient and excited to wait any longer to give her an answer.

You sat right in front of her and excitedly threw your arms around her.

"Will you marry me, baby?" She teased. "That's a yes, I assume?"

"Yes! A thousand times, yes, Nayeon!"

You pulled away and watched as she slid the ring onto your finger. It was breathtaking, so beautiful you almost sobbed with happiness.

"I love you."

"I love you, baby girl." She smiled and dropped her forehead onto yours. "My soon-to-be wife. I can't wait to marry you."

"Me neither." You smiled through your tears and let your cheek fall to your shoulder as you soaked up the beginning of the rest of your lives together, swearing that neither of you had ever felt happier in your life before now.