it's what I'm here for (requested)

You held your aching stomach as you slowly made your way back to the comfort of your bed. It's only a little after seven in the morning but you've been up for the last couple of hours feeling terrible.

You've been vomiting off and on, your stomach is hurting, you're running a fever yet curled up under your blankets and wrapped in one of Nayeon's sweaters that she left at your house last time she spent the night, which wasn't that long ago.

You laid back in bed. You dreaded having to move because your entire body is aching and you're starting to shiver yet again. But you fear it's only a matter of time until your stomach flips again.

You decided to use this time that you weren't getting sick to at least try to rest.

But as soon as you closed your eyes, you suddenly remembered that you have a date with Nayeon tonight.

You definitely weren't going to make it. You struggle to leave your bed, how would you leave it to go to dinner?

You reached for your phone and called Nayeon. You put your phone against your ear and listened to it ring as you let your heavy eyes slip shut.

It was only the sound of her voice that made you open them.

"Y/N! Hey, baby. You caught me just in time! We just decided to take a break."

You remembered then that they were filming a new music video today.

That was just another reason why you shouldn't go on that date. You can't risk getting her sick and cause her to miss many important things in her busy schedule.

"I won't keep you long." You spoke, but your voice cracked a few times in between your words.

It was weak and scratchy and your throat felt a little sore from throwing up.

"Are you okay, baby?" Nayeon asked, clearly concerned about you.

"I'm sick." You mumbled. "I've been throwing up and I'm running a fever. I can't make our date tonight."

"Oh. That's okay, baby. I understand."

"Thank you." You said and groaned when your stomach started to turn. "I have to go. I love you. Good luck with filming today. I'll try to call you later."

You hung up the phone right after and threw it onto the mattress as your stomach flipped and gave you no choice but to run back into the bathroom.

A few minutes of misery later, you were laying on the tiles of your bathroom floor. They felt a little cold, which only brought you a little relief. You had your eyes squeezed shut.

You didn't feel as nauseous, but you dreaded leaving the bathroom again. You wondered if you'd just get sick again and have to come running back in.

Actually, you debated on just bringing a pillow and blanket in there with you so you could sleep and stay close to the toilet.

You took some deep breaths and nearly fell asleep on the floor.

But the sound of someone saying your name as well as the floor creaking beneath their feet made your eyes open.

Just as you managed to open your heavy eyes, you saw Nayeon taking a seat on the floor beside you.

Her hand fell to your forehead and as much as you wanted to push her away out of concern of her catching whatever you had, you couldn't help but melt. Her fingertips felt a little cool against your skin and her touch was comforting, like always.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take care of you."

"No." You shook your head weakly. "You've got a video to film with the girls. It's important."

"Not as important as you are, baby." She said, cracking a small but clearly sad smile. "The girls told me to just leave and come here to take care of you. They're worried about you, and so am I. I couldn't leave you to deal with this on your own. I'll film my parts for the video another day. Right now, my only plans for the day, are to take care of you."

You didn't know how you'd gotten so lucky, but you felt so grateful that you didn't have to go through this misery on your own anymore.

"Thank you." You mumbled weakly, to which she just kissed your warm forehead.

"No need to thank me. It's what I'm here for, baby girl. Now, tell me, have you taken any medicine? Have you been drinking water?"

"Why? So I can just vomit it all back up?" You groaned and sat up slowly with her help.

"Well, do you feel sick right now?"

You shook your head, thankful that your stomach seemed to be calm for the first time in hours.

"Okay. Let's try to get some medicine in you. You need to try to stay hydrated and we need to bring down that fever of yours."

While you leaned against the wall, she grabbed you some medicine for your fever and got you a glass of water before she came to your side.

"Swallow these down for me, baby." She spoke softly, brushing a lock of hair behind your ear that clung to your cheek.

You dreaded the thought, afraid you'd just throw it all back up. But it was a chance you were willing to take with Nayeon by your side because the cold water would bring you a split second of relief with your sore throat and the fever medicine would hopefully do its job.

You swallowed back the medicine and took a few slow sips of water. Your grip was weak and your hands were a little shaky, so Nayeon held the glass for you as you sipped on the cold water.

You leaned your head on her shoulder when you finished and closed your eyes.

"How do you feel?"

"Exhausted."

She nodded slowly and kissed your head.

"Let's get you to bed. I'll help you, my love."

You wanted nothing more than to curl up into bed, so you stood up and leaned against her so she could get you there, considering you couldn't do it on your own.

You laid down when you reached the bed. You tried to cover up with your blankets, only for Nayeon to pull them away from you.

"No, Nayeon, I'm cold." You mumbled as you shivered, only to feel a little better when she covered you with a sheet instead.

"How's that, baby? Better?"

"Yeah." You yawned and felt the mattress dip a little as she climbed into bed beside you. She kissed the top of your head and held you loosely in her arms.

"Maybe later we can take a little bath together and I'll make you some soup."

"I'd like that." You smiled a little, causing Nayeon to do the same.

"Try to get some sleep." She spoke softly, staring down at you to watch your eyelashes flutter against your cheeks as you began to drift off to sleep in her arms, feeling a little better now that you've got her to hold onto and find some much-needed comfort in.