I've got you - part two (requested)

You gripped the fabric of Nayeon's shirt tightly in your hands as she held you close and rubbed your back soothingly, trying her very hardest to coax you through the pain you were feeling.

It was only getting worse.

Nayeon keeps trying to encourage you and bring you some comfort by telling you that, as unbearable and as intense as it was, it was a bit of a good sign because your baby is so close to coming now.

But it's hard to see any positives in this situation when you're in such agony.

She feels so terrible and so helpless.

She doesn't know what to do to make you feel better.

All she knows she can do is hold you and try to keep encouraging you when it's gets to be even more overwhelming, beyond what you imagined it could ever be.

You let out a louder groan than before as you pulled away.

You know you'll only have a moment of relief before it comes back again.

But it's a moment to catch your breath and try to get some much-needed comfort from Nayeon, which you desperately need right now.

She saw the tears in your eyes and, instinctively, she wiped them away.

"It's okay."

"I don't think I can do it." You mumbled. "It's so painful. It's only getting worse every time it comes."

She sent you a sad smile as she brushed her knuckles ever so gently along your cheek.

"You don't even realize how incredibly strong you are, baby girl. It won't be long. Remember what the doctor said just a few minutes ago? Anytime now."

You nodded and closed your eyes, a shaky exhale falling from your lips before you groaned again as it returned.

"It's all going to be so worth it, y/n. I promise." She whispered as she brushed her nails along your back.

"Just try to keep breathing and relax. Hold my hands, grip my shirt. Whatever you need to do. But just lean on me. I'm right here."

It was agonizing, worse than it's been so far during the last thirteen hours you've been here.

You pulled away from Nayeon, giving her that look as you let go of her shirt and she took your hands into hers.

"It's time?" She asked and you quickly nodded your head.

"Don't go." You whispered as she got up, kissing your head comfortingly.

"I'll be back in a second, baby. I promise. I'll hurry." She said and left your side to run to the nurses, telling them what was happening before she returned to your side.

"I'm back, baby. I'm here." She whispered and brushed her thumb across your knuckles as you grabbed her hands, squeezing them tighter than ever before.

"Everything's okay, I promise I'm not going anywhere." She kissed your head a few times and encouraged you, telling you time and time again that she believed in you and knew you could do this.

You were strong enough, stronger than you thought you were, and she knew you'd be just fine.

She was by your side every second of it and when your baby was finally in your arms as you laid on the hospital bed, she burst into tears, crying harder than she ever has before.

She couldn't find the words to say to express everything she felt at that moment.

She felt overwhelmed with love and happiness like she's never felt before.

She didn't even know it was possible to feel both of those things so strongly until today.

But what could she say? She was so amazed by you and already so in love with your baby that was on your chest, even though they'd only arrived seconds ago.

And when the doctor said you'd had a son, she cried even harder, if that was possible.

Her hand covered her mouth for a second as she stared at you and your son, in awe of everything, and especially you.

She kissed your head a few times, brushing her fingers through your hair through her tears.

"I'm so proud of you." She said and kissed your cheek, smiling brightly at you as you turned to look at her.

"Look what you did, baby," she spoke in awe. "We have a son. Y/N, we have a son." She chuckled tearfully before staring down at the little boy in your arms.

She brushed her fingers along his back and his arms.

"You're so cute." She whispered. "You're already the best thing to ever happen to us."

Her heart almost burst from her chest when your son opened his eyes, meeting hers.

"You've got such cute eyes and a tiny but adorable nose." She sniffled and ran her fingers along his. "Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes."

You kissed his head softly while Nayeon held his hand, crying again as he wrapped his fingers around her thumb.

"We've waited so long to meet you. We've dreamt about this moment for so long. You're here now and even more perfect than I thought was ever possible."

You smiled as you listened to her speak.

The look in her eyes was so heartwarming. Though her eyes were teary, the look was full of adoration.

Your son was already her whole world, despite just entering the world a few short minutes ago.

"Welcome to the world, buddy." She smiled.

She kissed his head and then kissed yours, whispering against your hair that she loves you both so very much.

"Love you too." You whispered. "Here."

You managed to move over across the bed, wincing from the pain, causing Nayeon's eyes to go wide.

"I'm fine. Just lay with me."

She nodded and laid down beside you.

There wasn't much space, the bed wasn't very big. But she squeezed in just fine and she was as cozy and comfortable as could be.

You slowly put your son on her chest and she almost started to cry again as he relaxed against her.

"I can't believe it. We have a little boy. Everyone's going to be so in love with him."

She put her head on yours and you both stared down at your little boy, more in love with each other and with your sweet boy than ever before.

"It's going to be such a fun, incredible journey ahead with you in our lives." You whispered as your eyes met your sons. "We love you."

"So very much," Nayeon added and took his tiny hand back into hrs as she slowly put him back on your chest and she felt her heart skip a beat when he wrapped his fingers around her index finger once more.

Neither of you has ever been so happy.

You knew there were going to be some days ahead that aren't so easy but you've got each other to lean on through them all and you know that every day will be incredible when you've got such a beautiful family.