you're drunk and don't recognize her - part two (requested)

Nayeon's eyes flew open as soon as she heard the groan falling from your lips.

She's barely slept throughout the few hours you've been home. She's been too worried about you, finding it hard to lay still and close her eyes for a long period of time.

She knew you'd hungover and she knew you'd need her. She just didn't know when exactly it would hit you.

But she can tell that time is now. Considering you're sitting up in bed, swallowing thickly to hold back the sick feeling that keeps coming.

She instinctively sat up beside you. Looking at the clock, she saw it was just a little after six in the morning.

She fought back a groan too, feeling so tired it was hard to keep her eyes open. She knows you're going to need her so she would push through the exhaustion.

Besides, she can tease you a bit now about what happened, and she couldn't deny how much she liked the thought of that.

She put her hand on your back ever so gently and rubbed your back.

"Are you okay?"

"No." You said, breathing heavily. "I feel nauseous and my head is pounding so badly."

She just frowned.

Although it was no surprise to know that's how you were feeling, it still broke her heart.

A few seconds later, she found the words to say. She parted her lips, ready to let them fall. She was about to ask how she could help.

Did you need water? Maybe some medicine for your headache?

Anything you needed, anything she could do to help, she'd happily do.

But you jumped out of bed before she could say the words and she saw you run into the bathroom, where she heard you gag after you sat on the floor.

She got up to go in there with you, wanting to comfort you through this.

She knelt on the floor beside you and held back your hair as you threw up again and again.

Nayeon wrinkled her nose in disgust but not once did she leave your side.

She did her best to comfort you through every agonizing second, knowing it was what you needed.

"Let it all out." She soothed. "It's okay, baby. I'm here."

You continued to throw up for a few more minutes and just when you thought you were done, the taste on your tongue that lingered made your stomach turn yet again.

Nayeon kissed your shoulder and brushed her nails along your skin. You pulled away, a shaky breath falling from your lips before you leaned back against her.

"Are you done, baby?"

You nodded and wiped your mouth with the back of your hand before you closed your eyes to try and catch your breath.

"I got carried away last night, didn't I?" You asked, clearly already knowing the answer. "I don't even remember how or when I get home."

She held back a chuckle as you stood up to wash your hands and brush your teeth.

You finished and turned around to hug her, laying your head on her chest.

"Yeah, you were pretty drunk, babe. Your friends called me to pick you up."

"Oh." You sighed. "Thanks for coming to get me and for bringing me home safely."

She cracked a smile when you kissed her cheek.

"Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid or embarrassing."

"Well..."

That one word was all it took to confirm your worries.

"It depends. Do you consider me picking you up and you having no idea who I am stupid or embarrassing?"

"What? No way, Nayeon. I love you. I'd recognize you in a heartbeat, no matter what's going on or where we are."

"Apparently not." She giggled as she rubbed your arms. "You had no idea who I was. You told me that you already had a girlfriend. You told me, and I quote, her name is Nayeon, she's the love of your life, and that she's beautiful and kind and has the prettiest smile."

"Well, I wasn't lying about that." You said and watched her bunny smile appear. "That's so embarrassing though. I am so sorry."

"Don't be. I thought it was cute. You're so sweet and, clearly, at all times, very loyal to me."

You giggled before pecking her lips.

"Always. I love you."

"I love you so much." She said and kissed your forehead before leading you back to bed.

She tucked you in before getting you some water and some medicine for your intense headache.

She laid down beside you afterward, letting you curl up to her before she kissed your head.

"Get some sleep, cutie."

"You do the same, Nayeon." You said, staring at her with tired eyes.

She nodded and when you fell asleep with your head on her chest a few minutes later, she put her head on yours and closed her eyes, hoping you'd feel better soon.