she carries you to bed

A yawn escaped Nayeon's lips as she walked through the door. After the busy day she had, she was more than ready to go on up to bed. Considering it was after midnight, that's where she thought you'd be by now.

But she was surprised to find that the room was bright, instead of pitch-black like it'd be by now on any normal night.

The glow was coming from the tv that you left on. Your favorite show was playing; she could tell because the time just hit twelve-thirty and another episode was starting now, judging by the intro she's got memorized at this point.

She figured she'd search for the remote and turn the tv off before joining you upstairs in bed. But, to her surprise, you were sleeping quite comfortably on the sofa.

Your cheek rested on the throw pillow tucked under your head, your lips parted as soft breaths fell from them. You were once covered up with the blanket that usually hangs over the back of the sofa, but you kicked it off in your sleep and it was now down at your sock-covered feet.

She couldn't help but coo at the sight. It melted her heart and made all the worries from everything on her plate just fade away completely. It's just made her fall even more in love with you.

She saw the remote was on the table, but she knew if she clicked the tv off it'd cause the room to turn pitch-black and she didn't want to startle you when you first open your eyes.

She saw that you were wearing her shirt. It rode up from you moving around in your sleep, so the small of your back was exposed.

She placed her hand against it and began brushing her fingertips along your skin in circles.

It caused your eyes to open. She watched your eyelashes flutter against your cheeks and a sleepy smile tug at your lips when your tired eyes met her starry ones.

"Hey, baby. Why are you asleep on the sofa? I thought you'd be in bed already." She spoke, her voice as soft as her touch on your skin.

"I was waiting up for you. I turned on my favorite show to stay awake but I guess I fell asleep sometime during it." You mumbled and rubbed your eyes before they closed again.

They felt heavy, making them nearly impossible to keep open, even though you wanted nothing more than to stare at her and admire her simply beautiful she is.

"C'mon, my love. Don't fall back asleep here, let's get you up to bed."

You shook your head, mumbling, "too tired."

She sighed and brushed her fingers through your hair before she grabbed the remote in one hand, keeping it secure as she lifted you into her arms.

She turned the tv off and then tossed the remote onto the sofa before she headed for the stairs, taking them one by one to be extra careful as you clung to her like a koala, giggling against her skin happily, but sleepily.

Your face was buried in her neck, your eyelashes tickled her skin. She didn't complain, though. She simply held you a little tighter and didn't say a word, letting the comfortable silence hit the air as you drifted off to sleep in her arms.

She laid you on the mattress ever so gently. You were already cozy in her shirt and your socks, so she didn't bother with waking you to have you change into your pajamas.

Instead, she grabbed the blanket from the foot of the bed and brought it up to your shoulders before laying a sweet and lingering kiss on your head.

"I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you too."

She smiled to herself as you fell back asleep.

She stepped into the bathroom and took a quick shower before brushing her teeth and changing into her pajamas.

She turned off the light behind her and opened the door, finding you waiting for her with tired eyes and the blanket pulled back for her to climb under.

"I didn't wake you, did I?" She asked as she laid down beside you, only for you to shake your head and move into her arms.

You laid your head on her chest and let out a blissful sigh when you breathed in the smell of her body wash lingering on her skin.

"Thanks for carrying me to bed. I love you lots, Nayeon." You whispered as you began to fall back asleep with a small smile on your face as she rubbed your back and peppered kisses across your head.

"Anytime. I love you too, sweet girl. Have sweet dreams." She said and laid her head against the pillow, feeling more content and happier than she has all day with you right there in her arms as you both fell fast asleep.