mistakes - part two (requested)

Before you start reading, here's a little note from your author!

A lot of people requested this ending the most and I know some of you won't like it. I do have a couple of different drafts that I'm on right now, as little alternate endings to this chapter, that I'm going to be publishing soon that was requested. I still hope you enjoy this one as I worked very on it!
———————————————————————
The knock on the front door made Sana return to the room from the kitchen. She looked out the window and then over at you with a look of worry in her eyes.

"It's Nayeon."

"I know. I texted her to come over."

"Okay." She said, sending you a small smile. "I'm not sure exactly what you're planning but if you need anything, I'll be in the other room. Follow your heart. Do what feels right to you." She encouraged and gave your shoulder a small squeeze before leaving the room.

The knock came once again and you stood up, taking a deep breath before you opened the door.

She was staring at the ground as you opened the door. Her brain was busy, a bunch of thoughts running through it, all of them revolving around these very moments that she's waited for.

It's been a few days since she last saw you. You had no makeup on and you were only dressed in a pair of sweats and one of your shirts, but you looked so cute and her heart fluttered a little.

"Hey," you whispered.

"Hi." She said, a small smile tugging at her lips.

You moved aside, wordlessly telling her to come in, and she did.

"Sit." You whispered as you sat down on Sana's couch, patting the other cushion for her to join you.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking." You said as she sat beside you. "My mind has been a mess. I've barely slept. I keep thinking about you, about us."

She stared at you, her heart pounding in her chest.

"I love you." You said.

"I love you too." She said back to you, almost wanting to cry just hearing those words fall from your lips.

"It's been hard for me to think about everything. My mind keeps going between two different ways this could end. Sana told me to follow my heart, so that's what I'm doing."

She nodded again, bracing herself for whatever would happen, even though she knew it wasn't so simple.

"I know you, Nayeon. I know how much we love each other and trust each other. What you did, the things you confessed to me, made me wonder if I could ever trust you the same again."

You sighed and stared down at your hands which were close to Nayeon's. She wanted to hold them in hers so much, practically itching to intertwine your fingers together.

"I keep thinking back to the moment you confessed it to me. I can still picture that look of worry and sadness when you told me. I could see it in your eyes that you were sorry, genuinely sorry."

"I am, y/n," she said as she took in a shaky breath. "I'm so sorry."

"I know you are." You said. "But you do understand that this made me feel like I couldn't trust you the same, right? That if you ever go back on tour, it might happen again."

"No, it's never going to happen again! I swear it to you. You have my word, I will never let it happen again. I shouldn't have done it in the first place. I hate myself for it."

"Don't." You whispered and Nayeon's heart almost stopped upon feeling you lay your hand on hers. "Don't hate yourself. Please."

She shrugged her shoulders with a sad sigh.

"It's going to take me a little time to feel like I can completely trust you again. I believe you when you say it's never going to happen again and I believe you when you say that you kicked that girl out right away. I can see it in your eyes that it was hard for you to tell me those things."

She sobbed as she hung her head.

"So hard, because I knew it was going to strain our relationship. I don't want to lose you."

"You're not." You said and you watched her lift her head to stare at you, a tear slipping down her cheek. "All of this shows me that you're genuinely sorry."

"So... what does this mean for us?"

"It means that I'm going to stay with Sana for just a few more days... then I'm coming home."

You watched her bottom lip wobble as she grinned through her tears.

"I just need a few more days."

"That's okay! Take all the time you need." She said as she squeezed your hand and her heart skipped a beat when she felt you squeeze hers right back.

"Thank you for being honest with me about everything. You could've lied, you could've kept it a secret for as long as you live, but you confessed and you did it right away. I know it couldn't have been easy."

"It was the right thing to do though. I knew as hard as it was, it was what needed to be done." She said. "And I'm sorry. I'll never stop telling you that."

"I want to put this behind us. It's going to take a little time, but we'll get there."

"I know." She smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too. Now give me a hug." You said and she held you tightly, kissing your head a few times.

"We'll be okay... in time."

"I know we will. I promise you, I'll do whatever it takes to make it right."

"I know you will, Nayeon." You mumbled and kissed her cheek, melting into her arms.

You knew in your heart that this was what was right. You trust her and you know you won't regret this.