the first time she hears you sing (requested)

Nayeon quietly closed the front door behind her as she walked inside.

She wasn't supposed to be home for a few more hours but the girls got to go home a little earlier today after finishing up everything earlier than planned.

Since she really wanted to surprise you, she was relieved to find that you weren't anywhere downstairs.

She knew you'd be over the moon to find that you've got a few hours to spend together before you both call it a night, and she couldn't wait to see that smile on your face.

She walked upstairs and down the hall to your bedroom, her feet quietly padding across the hardwood floor as she approached your shared bedroom.

When she walked into the room, she froe on her feet as soon as she heard your voice coming from inside the bathroom.

The door was wide open since you thought you didn't think Nayeon would arrive home before you got out. Her adorable bunny smile tugged at her lips instantly as she recognized the song you were singing was Icon, loud and proud.

She continued to tiptoe across the floor, standing in the doorway of the room.

She didn't want to announce her arrival just yet and interrupt you. She didn't want you to stop singing yet; she was much too in love with the sound of your voice.

She's never heard you sing before. She's always encouraged you to sing along when you're in the car together on long drives or when the girls perform, but you always tell her you can't sing and you're just a little too shy to let her hear your voice.

But your voice wasn't bad. It was beautiful.

She wasn't thinking that just because you're her girl, but because you genuinely have such a stunning voice.

She couldn't help but wonder how you couldn't hear the same.

She heard the water turn off and you got out of the shower, now beginning to sing scientist as you wrapped the towel around your body and began to dry off as the droplets of water poured down your skin.

"You lied."

You jumped over the sound of Nayeon's voice and looked over at her, a gasp falling from your lips.

"Nayeon! Babe, scared me!"

"Sorry, sweet girl." She laughed as she walked over to you.

She put her arms around you, hugging you from behind as your cheeks turned red over realizing that she'd heard you singing.

"You say you can't sing? I beg to differ, baby."

She moved your hair to the other side of your neck and left a few kisses across your bare shoulders.

"You think so?"

"Oh, yeah." She smiled as she stared into your eyes with a look of pride. "Baby, you can sing. Your voice is so beautiful. Why don't you think so?"

"I just don't like people hearing my voice." You shrugged.

"Well, you should. It's beautiful, baby. Everything about you is just so beautiful."

"Thank you." You giggled as she peppered kisses across your neck.

"Well, now that I know you've got such a mesmerizing voice, on the nights I can't sleep you can sing me to sleep like I do for you when you struggle to sleep." She suggested with sparkly eyes.

You laughed, shrugging shyly.

"Okay." You agreed and put your head back on her shoulder.

She hugged you tighter and continued to kiss your shoulders ever so softly, making you feel so loved as she continued to compliment you and your beautiful voice.