coming out to your homophobic parents (requested)

Nayeon frowned upon seeing your knee bounce beneath the table of your parents' home. 

You're really nervous. You can't even remember how long it's been since the time you saw them. Life got the best of you and you've distanced yourself from them.

Nayeon really wanted to meet them. You recently met her family and bonded really well with them.

She wasn't quite sure why you seemed so hesitant on her meeting them. But you didn't want to tell her and you sorta hoped they'd changed by now.

They seemed awfully enthusiastic meeting her. You introduced her to them as a really close friend. She found it weird when you're nearing your eighth month as a couple, stronger than ever.

But she sensed how uncomfortable you looked and she decided not to push things and go with the flow instead.

"So, Nayeon. How long have you known y/n?"

"Over half a year now, close to a full year in a few months." She said and slipped her hand under the table to rest it on your thigh. "Your daughter is so amazing. She's really funny and kind."

"She is." Your dad agreed and you clenched your jaw, knowing his attitude was bound to change in a few minutes.

"She hasn't been here in quite some time though. Barely talks to us."

You huffed and poked at your food with your fork.

"What's the point? I know you're gonna shun me soon enough. It'd only hurt more to get close to you." You mumbled, causing your parents and Nayeon to frown.

"What are you talking about?" Your mom asked, an almost nervous chuckle falling from her lips.

You dropped your fork and gazed at Nayeon. You sent her a big smile, disguising the nerves you felt. You took her hand from your thigh and intertwined your fingers before looking at your parents.

You dropped your intertwined hands gently on the table and your parents stared at the both of you intensely.

"I lied. Nayeon isn't a close friend. She's my girlfriend."

You watched them go from shocked to disappointed in just a split second.

"I like girls. I'm in love with Nayeon."

They sat frozen in their spots before clenching their jaws and scoffing.

"Get out." Your dad said sternly. "You know how we feel about that stuff. We will not support it."

Nayeon swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Figured that's how you'd react. So homophobic and unaccepting that you can't even support your daughter. Your flesh and blood."

He just shook his head and Nayeon noticed the look of anger in his eyes.

"Both of you are unwelcome here from this day forward."

You stood up, hand still holding Nayeon's tightly.

"Get out and never come back!" Your mom yelled as you and Nayeon rushed to the door, not wanting to stay even another second with them.

"We are so disappointed in you, y/n." Your dad said, causing you to freeze and turn back to him.

"The feeling is mutual." You responded. "I never want anything to do with either of you again. You think I need you but I don't. I've got Nayeon. I've got amazing friends. I've got her family. I'm happy to walk away and never come back."

Nayeon was proud of you, a smile tugging at her lips as you walked away and got into the car to head home.

She backed the car out of the driveway before pulling off to the side of the road, taking your hand with a big smile and bright eyes.

"What?" You asked, obviously confused.

But she leaned in and kissed you, silencing you as you kissed her back just as lovingly.

"Just proud of you. I'm happy to see you standing up for yourself. I wish you would've told me your parents were like that though. I wouldn't have asked to go meet them if I knew how nasty and rude they are."

"It's fine. I needed to get all of that off my chest." You said and relaxed for the first time in a long time, feeling as though the weight on your shoulders lifted. "I meant what I said back there. That I'm in love with you and I'll be okay because I've always got you."

"You know I feel the exact same way, my love." She smiled and gave you one more soft kiss. "C'mon, let's go home. How about we order food and have a movie night?"

"Sounds perfect." You grinned, excited for the night ahead.