you need her after a bad day

You slammed your car door shut and hopped inside. Dropping your head against the steering wheel, you blinked away any tears in your eyes and tried to rid your mind of the terrible events the day had held.

It'd been an annoyingly long, almost never-ending, day and you've never felt more relieved to walk out of your workplace and into your car, where you could drive home and be with Nayeon and just forget about today. But she's been all you could think about today. She was what got you through it all and you desperately needed to hear her voice.

You grabbed your phone from your pocket and called Nayeon. Pressing your phone against your ear, you squeezed your eyes shut and silently pleaded for her to answer. You needed her to answer. You needed to hear her sweet voice. You needed to know that she was home and you could run into her arms when you'd arrive.

And finally, three rings later, you heard her voice and after your terrible day, it nearly brought tears to your eyes.

"Hey, baby!"

"Hey," you mumbled.

Right away, your tone was the complete opposite of what hers was. You didn't have to see her to know she was smiling. You, however, had a frown that has yet to fade and you weren't even trying to disguise the sadness in your voice.

"Y/n? What's wrong?"

"I had a pretty bad day." You said, biting your lip as you squeezed your eyes shut once more.

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry."

"You're home, right? I need you."

"I'm home, baby girl." She comforted. "I'm gonna be right here when you get home. I'll be waiting for you and I'll find a way to cheer you up."

"Just as long as I have you, I know I'll be okay." You mumbled quietly, but she heard you loud and clear.

"I'll let you go so you can drive home. Be safe. I love you and I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Bye, Nayeon. I love you too." You said before hanging up and putting your phone in the empty cupholder by your seat. You turned on your car and took a deep breath before pulling out of the parking lot and heading home.

It was only ten minutes away, but it felt like forever before you pulled into the driveway. You opened the car door and ran up the front porch steps and as soon as you opened the door, you were brought into the most comforting arms; the ones you've been waiting to be back in since you first stepped out the door this morning.

You melted into her embrace, swallowing thickly as you buried your face in her neck and let her smell fill your lungs. She smelled so good with her perfume lingering on her soft, kissable skin. She was holding you tight with her eyes closed and a small smile on her face. She was just as happy to hold onto you as you were to be held by her.

"Are you okay, baby?" She whispered softly as she rubbed your back.

"Not really." You whispered back. "Getting better now that I'm home and in your arms again. But still not good."

"I'll fix that." She promised. "I'll order your favorite and we'll turn on all the movies that make you laugh. I'll sing to you or run you a bath. You can wear my hoodie, take a little nap if you need it. Whatever you want to do tonight, we'll do together."

You cracked a smile against her neck and she knew it had to be the first one you've worn since you kissed her goodbye this morning.

"Nayeon?"

"Yes, my love?"

"I love you. Thank you for being so good to me and for making me so happy. I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

Butterflies filled her chest, a rush of happiness in her heart. All she ever wants is to make you happy and to know she succeeds, even on your worst days, makes her so happy.

"I love you so much." She replied and when you looked up at her and she saw that the sadness that once filled your eyes had faded, now looking much brighter than before, she sent you a loving gaze and leaned in to kiss your lips.

"C'mon, baby. Let's have a good night together, just you and me."

When she let go of you and instead put her hand on the small of your back to walk toward the stairs with you, all you could do was drop your head on her shoulder and anticipate the night ahead.