you're drunk and don't recognize her

Nayeon was startled awake by the sound of her phone ringing.

She looked at the time on the clock on the wall and groaned upon seeing it was nearing three am.

She didn't have to wonder who was calling her.

Considering you weren't in bed with her and she hadn't awoken to any drunken stumbling, she knew it had to be you or one of your friends that you're out with tonight.

And she was right.

She saw your best friend's name on her screen and she answered quickly, hoping everything was okay.

"Hello?"

"Nayeon? Hey, so sorry for calling at this hour and interrupting your sleep."

"It's fine." She yawning. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. We just think you should come and get y/n. She's so drunk. She needs to just get home and rest. She's bound to be hungover in a few hours."

Nayeon groaned over the last part.

Hangovers are always so fun.

But she was pushing away the blankets that she was covered up with and got up. She grabbed her keys and her wallet before going downstairs to put on her shoes.

"I'll be on my way in a minute. Thank you for calling."

She ended the call as she walked out the door, locking it behind her.

She was in her pajamas but she was too tired to care about that. She just wanted to get to you, pick you up and bring you home so you can rest before that hangover of yours hits.

She drove off to the bar you and your friends always go to and arrived only a few minutes later.

She pulled up to the curb and she saw two of your friends helping you out and another was carrying your things.

"Hey, Nayeon," one of your friends smiled. "She can barely stand on her own."

Nayeon sighed as she walked to you.

"How much did you have to drink tonight, darling?"

"Darling?" You slurred and stared at her in confusion, making Nayeon worry a bit. "I'm not your darling. I have a girlfriend."

"I know you have a girlfriend, baby. You're my girlfriend and I'm so lucky to have you." She giggled and tried to reach out and take your hand, only for you to pull away.

"You're not my girlfriend."

"You're so drunk that you don't even recognize me?" She said, slightly amused. "Come on, sweet girl. Let's go home."

"No! I told you that I have a girlfriend!"

Nayeon knew she wasn't getting through to you so she decided to play along a bit.

"You do?"

"Yeah. Her name is Nayeon. She's the love of my life. She's beautiful and kind and has the prettiest smile."

"Well, she's so lucky to call you hers." She smiled and put her hand on your shoulder as she finally stood in front of you. "Are you ready to go home now?"

"Nayeon, you're here!"

She laughed as you threw your arms around her and put her hand on your back to hold you close as you stumbled a bit.

"Here I am, darling. Let's go home."

"Okay!" You smiled and kissed her cheek and despite the alcohol on your breath, she still found her heart fluttering and a smile tugging at her lips.

She helped you to the car and your friends put your things inside as Nayeon buckled you in and then got into the driver's seat.

"See you all soon," she smiled at them and they all waved as she drove away.

"Nayeon?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Before you showed up, some girl was trying to get me to go home with her."

Nayeon held back a laugh as she watched the road, only looking over at you when she hit a red light.

"But I made it very clear that I'm taken and I wasn't going home with anyone but you!"

"That's so sweet, baby girl. Thank you." She smiled, kissing your cheek.

"Goodnight." You mumbled as you put your head back against the seat, drifting off to sleep.

And Nayeon shook her head with a laugh, swearing that she only falls more in love with you every day, and she was already looking forward to teasing you in the morning.