you're sick

"Are you sure you don't want me to get you anything?" Nayeon asked you again. She's already asked you twice before, but she can't help but ask again. She's worried about you.

How could she not be when you were lying in bed beside her sweating buckets despite how cold you felt? She couldn't even wrap her arms around you to hold you like usual, because your stomach hurts too much.

"I'll be fine. I just wanna sleep." You mumbled and closed your eyes. You hoped you could just fall asleep and stay asleep until the sun would rise. You hoped that you'd wake up feeling better. But with the way you feel now, you know the chances of that happening are highly unlikely.

Nayeon was still worried about you. But she didn't wanna push you too hard. If you needed her, she knew you'd wake her.

So, reluctantly, she dropped the conversation and laid a kiss to your forehead. Your skin wasn't just warm, it was feverish. It certainly didn't help her nerves any.

"Okay. Sleep well. I love you and I'm here if you need anything." She said and settled with her head against her pillows. Tired from her long and busy day, she fell asleep rather quickly.

You, however, were wide awake. Your stomach was only hurting more. Your hands were trembling and you felt nauseous. Deep down, you knew how this was gonna end. But you still kept a shred of hope that you could just fall asleep. That this sick feeling would just fade away.

But that wasn't happening.

You felt your stomach starting to flip and your mouth beginning to water, signaling that you were gonna be sick. You tried to get off the bed carefully. You didn't wanna wake Nayeon. You know she's already so worried about you.

You managed to get out of bed and tiptoe to the bathroom. Closing the door behind you, you turned on the light and knelt on the floor just in time.

It didn't take long for your coughing and gagging to awake Nayeon. Her eyes flew open and noticing your absence in bed, she caught on quickly. She rushed into the bathroom and knelt behind you.

Pulling your hair back into a messy bun, she bit her lip and wrinkled her nose upon hearing you empty your stomach. It was clearly painful and you were obviously frightened, judging by how much you were trembling.

"I'm here, y/n." She said. She wasn't sure of exactly what to say to help you, but she wanted you to know that she was there with you and that she wasn't going anywhere. "Just let it all go. You'll feel better soon." She promised as she rubbed your back with her other hand and tried to calm you by continuing to whisper words of comfort and leave little kisses to the back of your neck.

You hung your head a moment later. Flushing the toilet and closing the lid you dropped your forehead against your forearm, which you laid on the cool closed lid. You took a moment to catch your breath while Nayeon tried to find the words to say to make you feel better.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. It broke her heart to see you this way; to see you so shaken up and so sick. She wasn't sure how to help but she was willing to do whatever it took to do so.

"Yeah, I think so. You were right. I feel a little better now."

She let out a breath of relief at your words. She reached around and felt your forehead. You certainly had a fever. Your skin felt much warmer than it did just a little bit ago.

"What can I do for you? Do you need some crackers or something?" She was eager to help you somehow. She just wanted you to feel better.

You managed to crack a small smile but shook your head. "No. No food. I just wanna brush my teeth real fast and get to bed."

Nayeon nodded understandingly. She helped you to your feet and quickly wrapped her arm around you, although loosely because you nearly fell back onto the floor since your legs felt like jelly.

She helped you to the sink and while you brushed your teeth she made sure you had things you might need. A sheet to cover up with, a thermometer to check your temperature, a glass of water, and a bucket... just to be safe.

You were walking slowly into the bedroom just as she was finishing setting everything up for you. She hugged you lightly, relieved when you hugged her back. "C'mon. I got things set up for you. Let's get you to bed. You must be exhausted."

You let her help you into bed before she was crawling in beside you. She was itching to hold onto you, but she settled for rubbing your stomach instead when you told her you needed her to.

"Better?" She asked.

"Yeah, much better. Thank you. Not just for this, but for taking care of me and for being here for me when I need you most."

Nayeon just shook her head with a tired smile and kissed your temple. "Don't thank me for that, silly. I'm your girlfriend, it's what I'm here for. Now rest. I'll be right here if you need anything at all."

You let your head fall back and let a hum slip from your lips. The touch of her hand sure was easing the ache in your stomach. Since your stomach felt a little more settled now and you didn't really feel like you were gonna vomit anymore, you found yourself falling asleep rather quickly.

"Love you." You whispered out before you fell asleep.

"Love you too. Hope you feel better soon." Nayeon whispered back to you and kissed your warm cheek delicately. She watched you sleep for a bit before she felt a little more at ease and was able to close her eyes, too.

She hoped you'd get a good night's rest and wake up feeling better in the morning.