mistakes (alternate ending - two) (requested)

A reminder that these alternate endings are not the actual ending for the 'mistakes' chapters, just different things some of you wanted to see.

The actual ending was the second part.

I know a lot of you will have some opinions on this one but it was highly requested through my messages.

You can share your thoughts on it but I beg of you to please be kind when doing so because I worked very hard on this. I spent almost two hours writing and rewriting it again and again to try to make it as natural and as perfect as possible.

Of all the versions of this I wrote, I think this came out the best, so I hope the people that requested it enjoy it.

I also have a few more alternate endings to come, so please looked forward to them because I'm extremely excited about the others!
—————————————————————————

The days all seemed to just drag by for Nayeon.

She couldn't sleep. Every time she tried, every time she closed her eyes, the sight of you looking so brokenhearted the night you left returned to her brain.

She was full of guilt, feeling so much hatred for the stupid mistake she'd made that night. She spent every minute thinking about the hurt it's caused the both of you and the srtain it's caused your relationship to have and she wished on every star in the sky every night that she could take it back and make it right.

She kept staring at her phone, hoping she'd see your name come up sometie soon.

She didn't go upstairs to your shared bedroom, she stayed downstairs in the living room, staring out the window in hopes she'd see you pull into the driveway.

She tried to give you space and time to heal and think without her intruding on that. But after waiting almost two weeks without hearing from you, she decided she'd go see you at Sana's.

She'd respect your decision either way. You need more time and space to think? She'll give that to you. She just needs to know.

She pulled into the driveway. Your car was still there, parked right next to Sana's. She knew you were home.

She knocked on the front door and when she didn't get an answer, she used the key that Sana gave her to let herself inside.

The downstairs area was empty. She walked upstairs, her feet padding down the hall quietly as she called out your name.

She wasn't sure where you'd be staying. She knows how caring and kind-hearted Sana is, so she knew Sana wouldn't make you sleep on the sofa. You'd definitely be taking one of her spare rooms.

She looked inside them all and found the one where your things were. Your bags were on the floor, a few items of clothing peeking out of the unzipped duffle bag. It's as if you hadn't even unpacked yet. It gave her hope. Maybe you not unpacking was a sign that you weren't sure if you'd be here to stay.

But all hope that Nayeon had was broken upon seeing you and Sana curled up in her bed. Your head rested on her chest. You wore what Nayeon recognized was Sana's favorte hoodie. You looked so cozy and so comfortable curled up to her best friend, tucked in under her blankets as she held you in her arms.

As she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, the floor creaked beneath her, and you and Sana both awoke at the sound.

You jumped upon seeing Nayeon at the door and Sana quickly did the same.

"Nayeon? How'd you get in here?" Sana asked as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"With the key you gave me." Nayeon responded as her eyes locked with yours. "What's going on here? You two seem quite cozy together."

"Nayeon," you sighed and got up, taking her hand to lead her out of the room, only to pause and look back at Sana. "Be right back." You whispered.

Oh, that wasn't a good sign. That much Nayeon knew.

You took her into the room you were sleeping in and closed the door behind you.

"I'm sorry I haven't called you. I've been doing a lot of thinking." You said.

"So have I." She said. "And as much as I hate to admit it, I know how this is going to end." She said as a lump formed in her throat.

"Y/N," She sighed and put her hand over yours. "I know what I did was wrong. I regret it every day and as much as I wish that I could, I know I can't turn back time and change that. I would if I could, believe me..." she said as you lowered your head.

"I know you can't. You do see how hurt I am over it, right? You do see how... I can't forgive you? No matter how hard I try?"

It brought tears to your eyes, as well as hers. But she nodded, understanding completely.

"I know you said it won't happen again, but I can't fully trust that it won't. I mean, i never imagined it'd happen at all. You're going to tour with the girls again someday. How can I trust that you won't get drunk and wake up with someone else in your bed again? I just can't look at you the same. I can't trust you the same."

"I know." She sniffled.

"I'm sorry." You whispered. "I wish I could forgive you, but I can't."

"I'm sorry too, and I understand how you feel. I can't forgive me either." She whispered as she hung her head. "Just be honest with me... are you in love with Sana?"

"In love with her? No."

"But you like her?" She asked.

You shrugged your shoulders and when you saw that look in her teary eyes, you could see she already knew the answer.

"Yeah." You confessed with a quiet voice.

She let out a haky breath, staring at her nails through her blurry vision.

"I want you to be happy." She said, her voice cracking a little.

"As much as it hurts to know that you'll never be happy with me again, all I've ever wanted is for you to be happy. I know I hurt you deeply and if you like Sana, then I get it. She deserves you. Anyone but me deserves you."

You cracked a sad smile, thanking her as she blinked away her tears.

"I just want you to be happy, y/n. I genuinely mean that."

"Thanks, Nayeon." You said before giving her a quick little hug and she let out a few tears as she knew this is the last embrace you'll probably ever share.

It killed her inside to think you might be moving on already and to move on with someone she's so close to.

But she knows how much she's hurt you and you deserve better than that.

If that's how you ffeel, she'll have no choice but to accept your decision.

She truly does wnat only good things and happiness in life for you.

"I should go." She sniffled and stood up.

She opened the door and saw Sana come out of her room to see what was happening.

She looked between the two of you before cracking a sad smile.

"I'll see you both around." She said. "Oh, and Sana," she whispered to her friend as she reached the first step of the stairs.

"Please treat her better than I did. She deserves the world." She sniffled before she walked away and out the door.

Sana hugged you tightly, kissing your head in comfort as you leaned against her.

You've already confessed your feelings to each other, so Nayeon's words didn;t confuse her at all.

She'd do just as her friend said and love you the way you deserve. They can agree that you deserve the world and Sana would make sure she gave that to you.