her being a red-flag girlfriend (requested)

Author's Note: This chapter is a bit different from the other ones I've written like this. I'm trying my very best to make these chapters for every TWICE member all different.

It's not as extreme as the others but I still want to clarify that I do not think this is Nayeon's true personality. I think she would be so loving and kind to her partner and I don't see her ever speaking so negatively about her exes to them.

Also, though some might not think this is a big red flag in a relationship, it is a huge one.

Your partner shouldn't ever openly bash their exes and though I didn't mention anything about why Nayeon's relationships with these people ended in this chapter, your partner should also be able to take accountability for the mistakes they make in a relationship and they should also take accountability if they're the reason it ended.

If they can openly bash someone they cared about before, they can bash you just the same in a heartbeat.

But you're beautiful and perfect just as you are, don't forget it, my loves.

Okay, enough of an explanation before reading. I hope you all enjoy it!

Thank you for bringing me here tonight, baby. I'm having so much fun." You told Nayeon before giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey, you're my girl. I wouldn't bring anyone else here with me." She smiled.

Tonight, you and the girls are at a huge awards show, and you're having the time of your life.

"I have a question, Nay,"

"Sure, my love. What is it?" She asked as she squeezed your thigh.

"Did you ever bring any of your other girlfriends to award shows with you?"

"Yeah but you're the first girl I've ever publicly dated so when I would bring them, everyone else thought that they were just friends."

"Well, I understand that. Our relationship has had its ups and downs since we're so public." You said.

"Yeah, well, I'm enjoying our time here together."

"Me too, baby." You smiled and brought her hand to your lips for a kiss.

"Besides, you look much better than they ever did when I brought them here with me. They looked hideous. They always wore the ugliest dresses, never did their makeup right, and they just didn't look good at all."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

You've never heard her bash her exes so openly and you know that's a huge red flag in a relationship.

You've only been together for about four months and until now, Nayeon has never spoken so negatively about others; especially those she probably cared about quite a bit at one point in time.

"The entire time, I wished they hadn't come. It was humiliating to be with someone who looks so... bad."

"Nayeon, that's not very nice." You frowned. "You're talking about people you were in a relationship with, which means you cared about them."

"Somewhat. Some I wasn't all that into, others I did have romantic feelings for. But that's behind me now. Those girls don't matter to me at all now that I have you."

Her words melted your heart despite how upset you were at her for saying such rude things about her exes.

"And you're much better than they'll ever be." She chuckled. "Prettier, funnier, better sense of style - you're everything they wish they could be."

"Nayeon," You said as you elbowed her side. "Don't talk like that about your exes."

"They're my exes and you're my girl. Why do you care how I talk about them?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Because you can't even say one nice thing about them? Look, I get it if your attraction to them faded with time, that happens. But I've seen those girls and they're gorgeous."

She sighed as she moved her hand from your thigh.

"You're overreacting." She huffed.

"Nayeon, if we break up, would you say those things about me? Would you only speak negatively of me?"

"Of course not. I care about you far too much to do anything like that. Besides, we're not breaking up, my love."

"Really? Are you sure about that?" You asked as you stood up. "Because if you constantly bash your exes and have nothing good to say about them when they probably think so highly of you, you seem to have some major problems."

"Baby, wait-" She said as she tried to grab your hand, only for you to pull away from her.

"I don't want to talk to you right now, Nayeon. Because I know that those girls would never say anything like that about you. You haven't said one nice thing about them and that's not the Nayeon I fell in love with. If you bash your exes, those beautiful girls, like that, I can only imagine what you'll tell others about me."

You walked away, storming past other idols that were nearby, as you made your way to the exit.

Nayeon sat in shame as she reflected on what she said about her exes, knowing that she was completely in the wrong for every single word spoken.

She knew that major red flags had been raised by her and she didn't know how she'd ever make this right.