you're scared of needles (requested)

It's that time of the year again. The time that flu is starting to spread like crazy.

That's bad news for you because that means it's time for you to get your yearly flu vaccination, and you've been dreading it since Nayeon first suggested it.

She's been wanting you to come and get this done for the last couple of weeks, but you've pushed it off time and time again, and she took matters into her own hands just a few days ago to make the appointment at your doctor's office to make sure you got it.

You're waiting impatiently, your eyes on the door as you anxiously watched the shadows under the door to see if the feet you keep seeing belonged to the nurse who would be giving the shot to you today.

You tapped your foot on the floor, your breathing anything but normal as you continued to wait for the door to open.

"Calm down," Nayeon said softly as she comfortingly placed her hand on your thigh. "It's okay."

"It's not okay." You said, biting at your lip.

Silence hit the air while Nayeon tried to occupy you and calm your nerves, sending you a small smile after the words left your lips.

"It's been what? Twenty minutes?"

"About that." She said.

"Well, no one is coming. We should just go and come back some other time." You suggested with a big smile and she shook her head, placing both hands on your shoulders.

"Nice try, cutie." She giggled. "But we aren't leaving this doctor's office until you have your flu shot."

Just then, the door opened, and the nurse walked inside.

She was friendly, kindly introducing herself to you as she greeted you and Nayeon with a bright smile.

You spotted the needle as she put it on the counter across the room. Your heart was starting to pound, your hands shaking while your palms began to sweat.

"I don't think I can do it." You mumbled to Nayeon, staring at her with the saddest eyes.

"Baby," She whispered and brushed the tips of her fingers along your arm while the nurse turned the faucet on and began to wash her hands real quick. "It's okay. Everything's okay."

"I'm scared." You confessed. "I don't like needles, they terrify me."

"I know." She said before kissing your hand lovingly. "It's okay. I know you're scared of needles. But it's all going to be okay. It'll be quick and then, it'll be down and over with."

You swallowed thickly as the nurse pulled on her gloves and began to walk toward you with the needle in her hands.

"Nayeon?"

"Yes, my love?"

"If I pass out, will you catch me?"

She laughed before giving you a peck on your lips.

"You won't pass out. I'm right here with you. Just trying to focus on me. You're going to be just fine." She soothed as the nurse began to rub your arm.

You groaned and looked down at your lap, your breath shaky.

"Y/N," She whispered as she took your hands into hers, squeezing them a few times. "Look at me. Look into my eyes."

You did as she said, staring into her brown eyes that sparkled a little when they met yours.

"Keep looking at me. I've got you."

You jumped a little when you felt the needle go into your arm, a small whimper falling from your lips.

"It's okay, darling."

You held your breath until the needle was out of your arm and the bandaid covered the spot where the needle went in.

You sighed in relief and Nayeon grinned at you.

"I'm so happy that's over with." You said.

"You did good, my love. See, I told you that you wouldn't pass out." She teased.

"Yeah, because you were by my side through it."

She put her lips on yours, giving you a few sweet kisses.

"Ready to go? We'll go get some food or something, my treat."

"Okay." You said as you leaned your head on her shoulder.

"See you next year!" The nurse called out and you groaned at the thought, making Nayeon laugh and squeeze your hand reassuringly, wordlessly telling you that she'd be there with you through it then, too.