she surprises you on your birthday (requested)

Decided to write and publish this request tonight as it's actually mine and Tzuyu's birthday in only a little while! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! 🥰🤍

———————————————————————

Waking up to an empty bed isn't exactly the way you wanted to wake up on your birthday.

It took you a few minutes after you opened your eyes to even reach for your phone, which you knew would be full of kind messages from your family and friends in celebration of your special day.

In reality, for you, it's not that special of a day in the first place. But it's especially not that special when Nayeon isn't here with you.

She was meant to be here today. But they ended up adding more shows to the girls' current tour and as heartbreaking as it was, it just so happened that one of the shows landed on your birthday.

It was crushing for not just you but also her.

She wanted to be here on your birthday.

She loves you so much and she considers your birthday to be one of the best and most important days of the year.

For her to not be by your side was saddening for you both.

You decided not to check your phone for a few minutes.

It was only a little after nine.

You wanted to change into one of Nayeon's hoodies, brush your teeth, curl up under the covers on her side of the bed and watch boring reality shows until this day was over.

You did exactly as you wanted; throwing one of your girlfriend's most comfortable hoodies that still smelled like her, you let the scent fill your lungs and bring you some much-needed contentedness before you brushed your teeth.

Although you wanted to curl back up in bed and do nothing else, you did need some water.

You walked down the stairs, running your fingers through your hair with a heavy sigh as you did so.

But something made you freeze when you reached the last step.

Birthday balloons.

You didn't put those up.

At first, you were confused.

But then you realized it might be your friends.

You told them you didn't want a party. You insisted on it. You just weren't going to be in the mood for it.

So you groaned and dragged your feet as you entered the kitchen.

"Guys, what did I say? I didn't want a party. I don't want to celebrate my birthday. I just want to be alone today!"

You thought that's where you'd find your friends.

You thought they'd be hiding behind counters and chairs and they'd pop out and scream surprise right in your face.

But, instead, you saw a birthday cake on the table with the candles lit and sitting in the chair with a bright and proud smile weren't your friends.

It was Nayeon.

You were in disbelief.

"That kinda hurts my feelings, baby. I flew all this way to surprise you on your birthday and you don't even want to celebrate?" She pouted.

She stood up as you stepped closer to her.

"Is this real? Or am I dreaming?" You wondered and when you finally stood close enough to Nayeon to reach out to touch her, you put your hand over her heart and felt it beating against your palm.

It was real.

She was there.

"It's not a dream, baby. I'm here." She smiled as she brushed her fingertips across your arms soothingly.

"How long have you been here?" You asked as you stared into her starry gaze.

"A couple of hours. I made you this cake while you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you. I wanted to surprise you!"

"Well, you succeeded. I'm surprised." You chuckled as you basked in her touch and the look in her eyes. "It doesn't feel real that you're here. I didn't think you'd be here."

"Oh, come on, darling. You can't be that surprised. As if I'd miss my girl's special day!" She grinned. "I wouldn't miss that for the world. There's nothing that could keep me from being by your side on your birthday."

And as soon as the words finished falling from her soft, kissable lips you pulled her in for a deep kiss.

It took Nayeon by surprise but it didn't take long for her to melt into your sweet kiss and for her to gently place her hands on your cheeks while you put yours on her hips.

You refused to pull away for a moment and that was perfectly fine with Nayeon.

Every brush of her lips on yours made you feel so loved.

And what else can you ask for on your birthday?

You've got your girl there to hold you and love you and make this otherwise boring day one you won't ever forget.

When you pulled away from her lips, she sent you a beautiful smile as she gazed into your eyes and brushed her thumbs across your cheeks.

"Welcome home, Nay."

She just chuckled as she kissed you again.

"Happy birthday, my baby. I'm here to celebrate your special day."

"You're here to make me feel special?"

She rolled her eyes at your pun before she nodded her head with a grin, unable to hold it back as she watched your eyes light up.

"Exactly that, my love. Come on, blow out these candles before they burn out or melt all over your cake."

As you stood in front of the cake and Nayeon told you to make a wish with her arms wrapped around you and her lips brushing against your shoulder ever so softly, you took a deep breath and blew out the candles.

"Yay!" She cheered, making you giggle and the sound made your heart flutter. "You made a wish, right? I bet it was for something wonderful."

"No. I don't need to make any wishes. I have everything I want right here with me today."

She smiled and leaned in for a kiss, only for you to brush some frosting across her nose.

She gasped before she reached over and collected some onto her finger, brushing it across your lips.

And before you could say anything, she pulled you in for a kiss and you pulled her close as she did so.

"Happy birthday, my very sweet girl," she smiled against your lips. "I love you so much and I hope this birthday is one you'll never forget."

"With you here, I guarantee it will be. I love you more."

She pecked your cheek before you laid your cheek on her shoulder, hugging her tightly.

Maybe this birthday wouldn't be so bad after all.

It might just be the best and the sweetest one yet.