The Full Story

a/n: trigger warning drunk parent? idk if this is triggering to some or not.

It was the start of summer vacation which meant there's no escaping your mother. Not like she's even there enough to acknowledge you. You would go on runs or go train somewhere, anywhere just to leave. The beach was a safe place where you could lay under the stars or have free range to use your quirk.

She would always find something to complain about whenever it came to you. Every little thing. You understood though, the love of her life ran out of the picture just because he's scared of your own quirk. Maybe if you were quirkless, maybe if you had better control back then. Maybe if you just-

The sound of a glass shattering echoed the house with a door slamming against the wall to match.

"Perfect another broken glass," she was already annoyed and looked to be on drink number three, "what's the excuse now? Your quirk? Slippery hands? Just being so damn destructive?" she stumbled to you.

"My elbow just knocked it over," you mumbled to yourself, "maybe if you cleaned up around here and actually took care of yourself there wouldn't be dishes everywhere."

"Oh," she laughed lowly, "I am so sorry that I'm such a bad mother that has to go to work for long hours to take care of your pathetic ass!" She yelled in fury taking a few steps closer. "Take care of myself? I take perfect care of myself and you and this is the thanks I get?"

"I never said you were a bad-"

"I don't want to hear it just clean up that glass," she said turning her back to you to stumble into the next room. "First you broke our family apart being such a nuisance, now you break my good glass." You slammed your hands onto the table, face hardening as she turned around rolling her eyes. "Oh wipe that damn look off your face, you got something to say? Say it!"

"No, it's fine. I'm sorry," you said softly honestly just trying to leave before the situation becomes worst. Maybe if you just apologized the whole thing can just disappear-

"No go on," she seethed taking mockingly slow steps towards you, "Say it, you're so big and bad with your oh so strong quirk! Hit me! Go on strike some lightning or even send a mini hurricane at me!"

"You're drunk, get out my face," you glared at her.

Her eyes widened as she took a shaky step backward, "OR WHAT Y/N?!?! OR WHAT YOU LITTLE BRAT??!"

"I'm leaving," you said turning on your heel towards the door. Of course, she's still scared of you. Why wouldn't she be?

"LIKE FATHER LIKE MOTHERFUCKING DAUGHTER," she yelled out throwing a glass missing your head by a few centimeters just like she always does. You look over your shoulder, "go on drive me away like you drove him away right out of our fucking lives"

"Make sure to drink plenty of water. I'll be back at 10," you softly shut the door.

***

It always seems like running or throwing punches seems to cool you down almost immediately. Something about hearing your panting instead of your inner thoughts screaming at you. Or even the sound of your heart beating out of your chest instead of hearing your heart cracking was better than anything else. Especially while doing it late at night at the beach.

Your quirk is just strong so you have to be strong just like it.

Running along the waves of the beach you saw off to the side the boy with the green hair pulling some furniture that was clearly too big for his small size. He tugged and tugged on the large object until it started to budge, but instead of gliding on the sand, it went straight down to crush him.