Survivor's Guilt

When bodies reach their limits they rest whether you want it or not. It forces you to submit to its sleep and forces you to take a second to breathe. That was the reason why you slept for over half a day at the hospital near the training camp.

After you got some food and water in you, forcibly by Aizawa and the doctors, they updated you on your condition. They told you about your hand. You would have the permanent lightning-shaped scars that reached from your fingertips to your wrist. The scars were mixed with red to blue to even purple patches as they laced around your skin. You didn't care much about that.

You didn't care much about anything at this point.

They kept it wrapped up to prevent any infections or you bumping it into something since your flesh was still healing from being burned so badly you bled. Your hand tensed up so much from the shock of your lightning that you broke three of your fingers from the movement of struggling with the swordsman. Too bad you couldn't even think of feeling any of the pain that night.

Luckily they were smart enough for you and Izuku to share a room together knowing the meltdown you might've had if they so much as separated you two by a curtain.

His condition was much worse. He was slipping in and out of consciousness for the next couple of days and all you were able to do was watch, hold his hand, push his bangs back when he was having terrible fever dreams, and just wait.

He suffered through a few seizures which forced you to leave the room.

It was too much to watch.

All because some villains wanted to take you, take away you all feeling of comfort.

The feeling of being safe.

The feeling of peace.

And you had no problem taking away their own sense of peace.

You got as much sleep as your body let you. Waking up in the middle of the night checking on him, trying to cool his fevers down, making sure he was still breathing, and comforting his crying mother.

She practically cried on your shoulder for an hour straight mumbling how she hates how he would still want to go back to the school. You tried comforting her to the best of your ability but honestly didn't have the strength or patience to put on a brave face. This was something Recovery Girl and Aziawa worried about when they came in checking on everyone.

They saw the way you would stare off into space, probably thinking of any plan to get Bakugo back. Any plan for revenge because they knew you were angry. That much was obvious.

You were able to escape, but not him. Maybe you could've grabbed him in time. Maybe if you were quicker you could've saved him. Maybe if you were smarter and came up with a better plan he'd be here. But no it was just you who made it out.

They took your friend away but storms were just as much as your friend too.

What made you so special? You were nothing but chaos and destruction. That much made you angry.

Angry that you couldn't have a second of peace. Not one second without something dark being drawn to you.

You were given this darkness as a gift from a loved one when you were so little. So new to the world. It took you years and years for you to understand it but now you do.

Maybe it wasn't a burden.

No, it was really a gift after all. With this gift, you knew how to work things your way. How to manipulate others and things so they can go your way. How to make sure whatever you wanted comes your way.