Let the Games Begin

Inko seemed to be more excited than the both of you combined. Constantly crying and exclaiming how proud she is of the both of you. The whole celebration was filled with laughter and tears of joy. You never had someone become so proud of you, so protective and caring of you. She insisted over and over that you stay the night so you and Izuku can walk to school together the following day.

"Do you want my bed or the couch I really don't mind sleeping on either," he yawned out while stretching on the floor. His hair was practically everywhere while his droopy eyes smiled at you as you shook your head.

"No you had a long day I'll sleep here you go to your room to sleep," you pushed the hair from his eyes, "you're practically falling asleep here on the floor."

"Are you nervous?" he asked, turning over to face you again.

You tilted your head to the side on the floor, "About what?"

He groaned plopping onto you, "Tomorrow it's a new school with new quirks and a lot of different things will happen!"

You expected it to be like any other school year. Except this year you would have a green shadowing you along. It felt kinda weird, you never really tolerated someone for so long or ever had some genuinely enjoy your company. Or really had someone to just sit in silence with and just enjoy the other's presence.

"Not really I mean yeah it'll most likely be hard but I think we can get through it," you flicked his forehead as he turned to smile at you, "why are you smiling?"

"You said we," he cooed, "just admit it y/n you like me."

You pushed him off of you turning over, "I'm going to sleep good night" you grumbled.

"Sweet dreams y/n," he cooed, running a hand over your hair.

"I'm going to kick your ass in the morning."

"Can't wait!"

***

You woke up to Inko humming quietly to herself while making breakfast for you and Izuku. She was humming a tune you would hear the boy sing softly to himself whenever the two of you were relaxing. You got up and approached her causing her to turn around and give her warm, motherly smile you always loved.

"Morning sweetheart, did you sleep okay? Oh, I hope I didn't wake you," she said softly as she stirred the pan in front of her.

"No you didn't I needed to get up anyway, did you need any help?" You stretched your arms above you. "I could cut up the veggies while you stir this."

"No hun you can just get that boy up for me," she smiled, "also I ironed your uniform and it's sitting on my bed, the mother in me couldn't let you walk out of here with a wrinkled shirt!"

She was always looking out for you and even put two in two together about your relationship with your own mother. It didn't take a miracle for her to figure it out when every time she would offer you something as little as a cup of tea and you would look at her like she handed you the world. When she told you that this home was also yours you teared up but of course, blamed it on the dust in your eyes. She was always filling the void of a loving mother figure.

"Oh thank you," you excused yourself, "I'll go get him up."

You walked into the room to see him still sound asleep. He always sorta drooled in his sleep with his mouth parted open and his hair going every which way. The sun beamed through the cracks of the curtains on his window, it highlighted his freckles and the dark green tint of his eyelashes. He looks so peaceful while sleeping so calmly in the midst of the storm that was going to happen. Too bad you had to wake him up in the worst way possible.